Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

I just can’t do it!

Jmaclen, thank you for your reply. I’m leaning towards the ORX, but I’m finding it difficult to make the move.

So sorry to hear of your brother's passing. Suicide is a terrible, devastating thing. I lost a first cousin a few years back to suicide. He was a few years older than myself and we grew up pretty close. We both grew up on either side of our Grandparents house. His wife had passed away fairly young due to an illness and he estranged himself from the rest of the family for about the last 10 years of his life. It was tough too because our family had always been close.

Yes suicide is devastating to all who love & know the person! I tried twice because of the divorce & the lies by my ex that absolutely hurt to the depth of my soul, but glad I didn't as it would have hurt my children & too many people -- I haven't even tried now that I truly know Jesus, Who helps me overcome all things, & when depression does try to take me down I just pray some more for forgiveness & understanding by those who hurt me and for myself! As Jesus said, there will be tribulation & persecution for we, who love God Jehovah in Jesus' precious name & live for Him, but with Him we can endure and overcome because He overcame satan & this sinful world! Jesus saves & changes the repentant sinner & I hope & pray more lost souls turn to Jesus & accept Him by believing faith in Who He is The Savior of everyone when we truly BELIEVE! Ma Betty

Best of luck to you in your different brand detector. Let us know later on what you think of your new detector.

i have 3 detectors, a 5900 sl by whites, an mxt all pro and an equinox 800. i think ill quit adding more units. Can only swing one at a time anyways

Keep them. I have more than I can swing at once however I know as soon as I get rid of one I will regret it. Even old ones are cool to fire up now and then. Nostalgia is hard to replace.

I have tried a lot of top of the line detectors. F75 LTD, t2 se, at pro, at gold, at Max, Deus, racer 2, equinox 800, Safari, and the latest Tarsacci 800 which in my opinion is way over priced. What a bunch of hype that detector is. Never again anything from those guys for me. Then I tried the mxt all pro with the extra 13 inch coil. Man what a detector. It's not perfect, but it's as close as I have come. In my test garden it's the deepest machine I have ever owned and I have some really deep targets buried. Not single coins either. I love the mxt all pro wish I had tried it sooner.

I have tried a lot of top of the line detectors. F75 LTD, t2 se, at pro, at gold, at Max, Deus, racer 2, equinox 800, Safari, and the latest Tarsacci 800 which in my opinion is way over priced. What a bunch of hype that detector is. Never again anything from those guys for me. Then I tried the mxt all pro with the extra 13 inch coil. Man what a detector. It's not perfect, but it's as close as I have come. In my test garden it's the deepest machine I have ever owned and I have some really deep targets buried. Not single coins either. I love the mxt all pro wish I had tried it sooner.
The MXT Pro in my opinion can hold its own. It is a great all around machine and Relic Hunter. A lot of folks talk about its old technology, that it has been around for a long time. And it has. Usually there is a reason for something being around for a long time, thus, the MXT. Best of luck with yours.

A new V3I much overdue ........A waterproof V3i UTube video in Russian floating around .......V3i’s out of stock about everywhere .......Whites recently announced on there Facebook page (new things coming soon) .......Thinking a new Waterproof V3I is coming very soon !!!

Last edited:
Great topic.. only Whites I own is the 5900 di pro..love it and has served me very well.. have a deeptech vista gold and never clicked with it.. have a Sovereign Gt and Excalibur which basically the same machine one made for land other for water,love them both. I have the nox 800 and it has payed for itself two times over already but I’ve had the longest learning curve with it and when compared to the GT it’s tones sound like nails on a chalk board whereas the GT sounds like a smooth soul singer... the nox has found me a few very cool coins including a1800 US silver dime.. it’s also found me more iron than I care to talk about..the nox very very adjustable but because it is it sometimes gets to be a challenge finding the best settings..it’s a gamble either way you go..a new machine requires commitment and patience which sometimes takes some of the fun out of it.. I never heard anything bad about the MXT...

Lots of great replies. Thanks everyone. So I have been away from the Pro for 10 days or so, and oh how I miss all the tones. I seem to have taken some things for granted. Also really miss the SunRay DX-1.

Yes suicide is devastating to all who love & know the person! I tried twice because of the divorce & the lies by my ex that absolutely hurt to the depth of my soul, but glad I didn't as it would have hurt my children & too many people -- I haven't even tried now that I truly know Jesus, Who helps me overcome all things, & when depression does try to take me down I just pray some more for forgiveness & understanding by those who hurt me and for myself! As Jesus said, there will be tribulation & persecution for we, who love God Jehovah in Jesus' precious name & live for Him, but with Him we can endure and overcome because He overcame satan & this sinful world! Jesus saves & changes the repentant sinner & I hope & pray more lost souls turn to Jesus & accept Him by believing faith in Who He is The Savior of everyone when we truly BELIEVE! Ma Betty
Great testimony.Jesus is the only way.we must give him all our trials an troubles. satin is making a massive attack on our nation, and everyone who doesn't have their spirtural guard up.

I acquired a 5900 for $100.00, the man did not know how to set it and use it. He didn't know g.e.b. disc needed to be in motion to work, and so on. Not getting rid of it.

Different mfg's design differently so you get a little different approach to ground minerals and target id and audio. Sometimes helpful, sometimes not. I've quit looking for that one perfect detector and just focus on, "Do I really like it?" If I do I keep it along with the others I really like and then make sure I find a reason to use it.

Find one that looks interesting to you with a different feature set than the MXT that you think might be a good companion to the MXT. The V3i is a good choice as you can share coils with it and you can't outgrow it. There is just so much you can do with that detector it is unreal. i can't see myself never owning one.

Another good companion is the Etrac. The MXT can do things the Etrac can't and the Etrac can do things the MXT can't.

Another good companion for the MXT is the Teknetics Omega 8500. It's feature set is far enough away from the MXT to make it complimentary.

I'm glad I'm not limited to one mfg as they all make some good tools. Just throwing out some suggestions.

HH
Mike

Thank you for your response Mike. I thought about the V3I years ago but just was out of my price range. Now it is just too heavy. I wanted to stay with White’s for the longest time, but I now want to try some different tech. I was hoping they would come out with something new and innovative. Or at least try. I will never get rid of my MXT Pro but I was ready to move on. So I got an ORX and I’m glad I did. I do miss the multi tones and my DX-1 probe. My shoulder and elbow don’t miss them at all.

It's hard to advise anyone who has completely become ONE with the machine and has found hoards of items with. If this is the case then the combination of hunter and machine is hard to beat. Chasing the new machines will not be the same and the learning curve starts all over. I however have moved on from my V3i. It doesnt mean Im done with it, it still has a tactical edge in certain situations and will be deployed when that time comes. I have worked in the environmental field for almost thirty years and have used several environmental sensing equipment for soil, water and air. We have always had to change when better equipment has come along so it has not been hard to change from the V3i to the lighter and faster machines. Believe me, after getting use to the V3i, the learning curve was not that bad on the new machines. The V3i has taught me alot! and it will never be sold. it's up to you my friend. Whatever decision you make WILL be the right decision.