Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

I just got this email message, many of you might also have recieved it.

cyberdan (SoCA)

This email came from a competing metal detecting chat group. I think some of you have even got the boot from there but this is legit. I know some of you rascals would really be good for this. Please don't shoot the messenger. :)
==========================================================

Hi cyberdan,

A major television production company has asked me to forward this to our members - this
is a VERY serious casting call, and I wish you the best if you are interested. I would
LOVE to see a TNet'r become a star!

Thanks,
Marc Austin

Major TV Production Company is ISO Passionate and Proven Treasure Hunters

Do you make your living traversing the country in an RV scavenging for artifacts from
centuries past? Are you a family of metal detectorists who heads out to the local Civil
War battlefields on the weekends to find your loot? Or a colorful character who pores
over antique maps to find long lost relics?

If so, we want to hear from you. We are a major TV production company looking for our
next big TV talent. You should be passionate about what you do, knowledgeable in a wide
range of artifacts and time periods, but ultimately an amateur doing what you do because
it's what you love. Ideal candidates include families who travel around the country - or
even deep into their own backyards - searching for hidden treasures, a dynamic duo who
hits the road in search of precious metals or Revolutionary War remnants to pay the rent,
a unique individual who goes to great lengths to find long lost relics - or any
combination in between.

If you think you have what it takes to be our next TV star, send us a video of your
treasure hunting team telling us why we should pick you. Quirky personalities welcome.

Submission Guidelines
Please send a video (preferably a quicktime video) telling us who you are and why you
want this gig. Video of yourselves in action is a major bonus.

In the body of your letter or e-mail, please answer the following questions.

1) What is your most astounding find to date?
2) What are your favorite types of finds?
3) What are your most frequent finds?
4) What do you do with your finds?
5) What regions of the country/world do you cover?
6) What methods/equipment do you use?

Please send the above materials with your contact information to Series.
Inquiries@gmail.com. We will be in touch if we're interested. Thank you for your time, and GOOD LUCK!
======================================================
Yes, I know it is another reality show. It sounds better than a promo I saw last night for the newest reality show called SCRAPPERS all they do is drive around and grab steel and brass scrap and take it to the recycler.

Just the kind of notoriety we, in this hobby, don't need and have been fighting for years. I have never met any "professional" metal detectorist, or anyone who can make a living from it. Those who have found hidden treasure are extremely lucky if the Government doesn't step in and accuse them of stealing "National Treasures".

Hey!! Anyone have any Pre 1900 coins I can bury!!! How about some of them old Colonial Coppas...Little Boy Blue...He Needed the Money...:spin: :rofl:
Is that really what the media thinks we do...Detect to pay our rent??? Give me a fricken break...I really never see this flying as something people want to watch...
Then again...There are wierd folks out there...
I am with you all...I am not gonna give the public another excuse to say no when I come knocking on doors to get permission to hunt.

HH,

We got enough issues with the academic types that view us as looters. Besides giving up our methods and "secrets" will not benefit us as a group. Sounds interesting but I'm afraid there is a greater "down side" to that request.