Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

I just noticed something about my new E-Trac tonight....

christopher-ohio

I think (know) Minelab is listening to us here in the US market. This is my 3rd E-trac and this time is the charm :) I believe. After using Fisher CZ's, CZ-70 Pros and CZ-3D's, for many years along with the Explorers it took me a bit to "get it" with the E-Trac...this forum and Andy's book really made it much better for me...thanks to all! I picked up my first E-Trac the day they were released here in the US from a local dealer. The machine was very stable, didn't false on iron, overall very pleasant to use but maybe not the hottest machine? The second I bought from a trusted forum member. It would hit a penny at 19.5 inches at 30 manual sensitivity but I felt it falsed too much on iron compared to the other machine I had...too hot? Now this one I purchased new from a forum sponsor, Richard at Backwoods Detectors...GREAT to deal with...Thanks Richard :thumbup: I tested the two other machines with a bunch of targets, neither would signal on the stock coin program on a 1 ounce silver eagle since it would hit 1-40-1-42 which was rejected per the program for big iron falsing. Well, this one is different...loud and clear with the stock coin program without any editing?...so maybe they tweaked it on the very latest machines. I guess I like to try several of the same machine too to see if there really is a difference...it's been that way with CZ-70's, CZ-3D's and even X-Terras too...some are hotter than others but that may not be to one's advantage all of the time for proper target ID, falsing especially in iron, and the like...just my observations...HH

I am glad you finally got one you like!! I am really glad you didn't like your SE Pro though.... I LOVE IT!! Let me know how you do with your new machine. HH Joe

After coming from all those years with the Explorer and it's super tones combined with smartfind/digital ID, I initially didn't "get" the E-Trac especially the FE-12 thing, the ferrous tones changes and the tones somewhat too. It wasn't that I didn't like the SE Pro at all, I just wanted something different, faster, more ergonomic, etc... That's great you like the SE Pro. Keep in touch and keep posting your finds!

Chris