Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

I learned alot this weekend.

dave5710

None of this related to metal detecting, but I thought I would share a few things I was surprised to learn recently. Yesterday I was in a bank turning in some coins, and a man walks up to the tellers window next to me and asks to use the public restroom. The teller said "Sure come right this way." A bank is one of the last places I would think, that would have public restrooms. Today I went to an estate auction in Farmington. First I was surprised by the fact that while in Knox county I got passed 4 times in no passing zones. I was doing the speed limit and I can understand giving it a little gas to get around someone, but no passing zones are there for a reason.
Lastly was the prices I have seen silver for the last two weekends. Today Franklins and 64 Kennedys sold for $18.00 each. 4 Washington quarters in a little plastic bag went for $30.00. These weren't high quality coins, these were well worn, run of the mill coins. And these prices weren't for a single coin or bag. These were 10 lots put up at one time, with the highest bidder taking their choice of the lots. The winning bidder always took all 10 lots. The gold quarter eagle sold for an even $400.00.

I have noticed the high silver price for months. I buy and sell on ebay and no matter what the melt price is a Morgan will fetch 32.00 to 34.00 in junk condition. Halves will get around 14.00 and quarters are always around 7.00 The amazing thing is it is an assembly line of silver sales, and people will out bid bid you to the last second. The only coins that dont seem to always sell are the ones that are graded. It appears to me that folks are simply acquiring junk silver no matter what the melt price is. This is just my observation and I may be wrong.

For the energetic, it sounds like a money making opportunity, Wendy pretty much sells at spot. I also think it might be a good time to invest in precious metals.

I picked up one of those $

That is a great buy, slightly over spot.

WOW! That is a good price Nathan. The club paid $175 for the $1 coin that was raffled, but then it was very collectible, EF condition also. Sweet purchase!

Thanks for the story Dave. Very interesting.