Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

I Left Packing Heat This Time!

AngelicStorm

Well, I haven't detected for several months with only two months detecting in 2014 with a lot of great finds. I broke the ice and got out yesterday and today. The property I hunted was a farm field where a house got tore down by the owner of the property some years back. Now in the past, including last year I have always ignored the little spot because of the prospect of finding good stuff on the other side of the farmland where a mule stable sat at in 1825 under a giant pecan tree which I did find some good stuff there in past hunts. Another reason I have ignored where the house got tore down is that when I first got permission there on the same day the owner had one of his workers take me to where the house got tore down at. I briefly scouted the area to find huge signals everywhere so I went back to my original destination..... The mule stable area. I told the owner why I would rather stay in that area and he told how they tore the house down. He said when they tore it down, they spread the debris over the field and that was the reason I might would find a lot of trash. He also told me the house was built in the mid-1800s, a reason why the area has been on the back of my mind ever since. You could call my decision to go to that area of the farmland a small act of bravery and curiosity. Well that and being prepared to remove a lot of trash to find good targets which I ended up doing.

So, I ended up hunting that area yesterday and today. Yesterday I found a good bit of bullets, including civil war era ones. I found a ton of ripped up cans and bottle tops. As I removed the cans I would occasionally find bullets underneath them. Although few, the other things I found around the junk was a Trade Token that is about the size of a dime that says "Good For 1 Merchandise" and I can not hardly make out the other side, a 1907 Indian Head Penny, and what I think is a Civil War Naval Button. I have found quiet a few other buttons like it. I also found a gun! Yes, a gun. A pistol to be exact caked up with dirt only three inches under. I was not sure if it was in the house or what when the demolition took place, but I called the cops to have them see if it was involved with any criminal activity. They came by yesterday and asked me some questions and even checked out my finds. :eek:) They took the gun to investigate it so today came. I went back out to the same area again hoping to score more stuff for about three hours. I wasn't finding much but trash again. About two hours into the hunt a guy started yelling at me from the road in a van so I checked him out. It was a sheriff. He asked me where I found the gun so I pointed to where I found it. He then told me that gun was involved in an armed robbery about 10+ years ago right down the road and that he chased the guy from the store to that field. He said the guy got out the car running and then started shooting at him. He also said he could never find the gun involved and was thankful I found it plus told me it is a Highland Point 9mm after I asked him what kind of gun it was. I went on and found a bubblegum machine piece of jewelry that reads MAJULAH at the top. Not the most productive second day back there, but a memorable two days. I will be back at this spot more often in hopes of finding other stuff. Maybe another gun or perhaps something much older!? Who knows.... I just look forward to getting back out finding more hidden treasure. :detecting:

The pictures of everything are below. Thanks.

517739c7-01c2-4e49-97b7-c750dbce09dd_zpsff446500.jpg

IMG_0017_zps65f98074.jpg

IMG_0003_zps191433f4.jpg

IMG_0005_zpse9c447a3.jpg

371cd3e3-0595-4087-b83f-718e8a239a83_zps1d1e0dd7.jpg

e06b6826-155d-46cf-9664-4283aac5782d_zps5eab98ce.jpg

Neat story..

Angelic, good to see you on here again:clap: That is a neat story about the gun. Awsome find

Thanks GKMan, Overvoltage, and Tyler. It feels good to be getting back into the swing of things and nice to meet you Tyler.

Known on Youttube as Ninji Digger or AngelicStorm here, from South Carolina. Thanks again. :thumbup:

Nice Finds And Great Story :clapping:

In Our Area Our Club Had A Request From The County Sheriffs And A Request From The NSA

Enough Said Becausee They Do Not Want It To Get Around LOL

Regards and HH

Good finds, it is typical that when they tear the house down that the debris gets scattered I know it can be frustrating but take your time it can be rewarding.

Yes, Bell-Two. Thanks for the advice. It is the anticipation that gets me excited. Also, it was a very exciting hunt because the type of things I found.

banditicey said:
Nice Finds And Great Story :clapping:

In Our Area Our Club Had A Request From The County Sheriffs And A Request From The NSA

Enough Said Becausee They Do Not Want It To Get Around LOL

Regards and HH

Hah! Maybe this was in my area and I solved it without knowing it!? :crylol:

The cop let you keep it? I would have figured he would have taken it for evidence. SCORE for you!

Big Boys Hobbies said:
The cop let you keep it? I would have figured he would have taken it for evidence. SCORE for you!

Actually they said that I can keep it if I let them know if I want it. I still have not let them know anything.

AWESOME site you have there! I had a place in Kentucky that the 1800's home was knocked down and pushed over the hill. I know about trash and managed a few keepers.

The Pistol you found is a Hi-Point C9, 9mm Luger and made in the USA. I would claim it from the police. After a good cleaning it would be a reliable gun to keep around for protection and since you found it, it should be in your possession!

BerntOut said:
AWESOME site you have there! I had a place in Kentucky that the 1800's home was knocked down and pushed over the hill. I know about trash and managed a few keepers.

The Pistol you found is a Hi-Point C9, 9mm Luger and made in the USA. I would claim it from the police. After a good cleaning it would be a reliable gun to keep around for protection and since you found it, it should be in your possession!

Thanks for the advice. I have thought it over a lot and yes it would be nice to have this to protect myself with after cleaning it. A guy I know who knew the people that stayed in the house that got tore down told me that a man and his wife stayed at that house. This person also told me that gun belonged to that man and that the Sheriff shot me a line about it being involved in a crime. Now the thing is that I was told they lived in that house since the early 1900s and the man who stayed there was born around 1900. This makes me think that maybe this gun has a good bit of age on it.

Any ideas of the gun's age?