Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

I love my Etrac BUT..............

mblemmy

I am really enjoying my etrac. its balanced well,,, not too heavy......, im getting used to the language it speaks,.....,, i know it's deep i have dug clad and whatzits deeper than i ever have......, super fast in and around trash,,,, super stable at the beach ,,, I have around 40 hours on it and no gold or silver...... I am hunting spots that have paid in the past,, Im getting desperate!!! well i did hit a couple weaties today.... so im gett'n close........ ill hit the beach hard this weekend and I aint leave'n till i hit a piece of that heavy yellow stuff........

mikeB

Just be patient man.It was 3 weeks and about 30 hours on my Etrac before I dug my 1st silver with it ( I knew there was silver there ,because my buds GOIO,and tmanfromtexas were
pulling silver dimes,and quarters,I.H.'s ,and lots of wheaties just 20-50 feet away from me).............It was another 2 weeks,w/about 60 hrs on the machine before I started digging 2, then next time
3,and last time 5 silvers,and 23 wheaties,2 IH,and a buffalo with it. I am getting more confidant the longer I use it,and you will too.

Slow way down, keep your coil low and make overlapping sweeps. Listin to the tone and dont look at the screen. I hit silver every time i went out with mine since getting it.

Had mine for 2 days and I know just what you are going through! I've almost done better just eyeballing finds :( but I'm sure it will come. It sure better at the price!

Mike

12-43 and up, keep trying once you get it it's there. Your coil has to be over it to find it.

well hit a few spots today on the navy base here in jacksonville. the last spot i hit i got my first bit of silver with the e-trac a 41 merc. dime i believe it read 11-44 and around 6 to 7 inches. i had a real good feeling it was silver and sure enough..... most of the silver i find on the base is usually 6 in. or deeper. that base is so full of junk,,,, but theres quite a bit of history here,, i have heard of spanish silver and gold found on ths base as well... as it sits on the st johns river and the spanish occupied parts of the area back in the day... i have hunted on and off here for 10 plus years never got any thing from that era. maybe some day....

mikeB

etrac/xcal

There ya go! What no pic? Now that you have one under your belt your good to go.

ok,,, heres a quick pic.of the dime sure wish i could get this camera to focus.....................and oh yea a cool pic i took at the airshow a week and a half ago.... enjoy !!

mikeB

etrac/excal swinger

nice merc ,they are my favorite.Love jacksonville ,was stationed at Blount Island w/ the marines and also met my wife when i lived there,lots of good memories.California is more than a stones throw.nice job and good luck.