Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

I love My ETrac but

Tenspeed

My ETrac has been wonderful to me, but there is a new kid in town. I bought an XP Deus two days ago and I immediately went to a place I had hunted hard with my ETrac to give it a good comparison test on how it hunted. This how my test in a difficult spot transpired.

I went out to a small church yard (40

I had a Deus and it was a great machine and one day I may get one again. It's a killer machine in heavy trash. The beach and fresh water hunts pulled me away from the Deus and I traded it for an Excal II.

For water hunting it is hard to beat an Excaliber. I will test my Deus in shallow water by using a waterproof Ipod case for the remoted with earbuds for the sound.

I am keeping my ETrac and will still use it, Now I am going back to some of the real trashy areas to see what I left.

Thanks for the comment!

Tenspeed said:
For water hunting it is hard to beat an Excaliber. I will test my Deus in shallow water by using a waterproof Ipod case for the remoted with earbuds for the sound.

I am keeping my ETrac and will still use it, Now I am going back to some of the real trashy areas to see what I left.

Thanks for the comment!

To use the Deus in water (even shallow water), you'll need to add an antenna to the coil for the signal to reach the control unit. Without it, it will not work. There are posts on the Deus forum to let you know how it's done.

Thanks for the information. Will look into that.