Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

I love my NOX 900

DaveNV

Got out again today with my new machine. Running factory defaults in Park 2, noise cancelled, GBed, and sensitivity 12 (probably too high for this desert dirt). I found 28 zinc-Lincs, 6 copper Lincoln’s, a Jefferson nickel and two clad dimes…AND a what I assume to be a US Navy Waterbury cuff bottom. I did a little research and it looks like the button may date from WWII (not certain, tho’). The button’s gilt is still mostly intact.
My finds are nothing spectacular; I figured they wouldn’t be, but I was mostly interested in getting some time under my belt with the 900. I was detecting an abandoned house that dates from the 1940s. The yard had obviously been filled-in with dirt. And, there were a plethora of nails and other junk. The nice thing was that when encountering a good target, the 900 had no problem IDing it, in spite of all the junk in the immediate area.
When I watch others on YouTube, I am so very envious of the moist, soft earth I see them making their finds in. Here, one seldom has such great conditions. And, the dirt (not soil) is very mineralized and rocky. Of course, the older parks have better detecting conditions, but most are a 4-6” layer of grass on the desert hardpan.

Attachments

• IMG_0053.jpeg
    IMG_0053.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 66
That button is in super nice condition! I been hearing from others as well as yourself that separation has definitely been improved on the 700/900.

Finding buttons like that is as good as seeing a silver quarter rising up!!!

Nice finds the 900 is great at separating I noticed that for sure.
Mark

Fun when a new detector is living up to expectations, button looks good along with a few cents towards gas money. On the fence myself on which way to go, 900 or Manticore. My 600 has hit anything my buddies 900 has, but I'm ready for breaking in something new. Trip north planned for early June, so want to decide before then. Good hunting! HH jim tn