Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

I made it into the club today!

jabbo

Dug up my first ever U.S. silver bust coin today. About 6" deep with a mixed tone signal, but sounded good enough to dig. A very well worn 1820 U.S. dime found at the river near the waters edge, wedged between rocks in the exposed gravel/stones during low tide. Lucky for me I dug that particular signal because a lot of the decent signals I was getting was actually melted aluminum blobs, and I was becoming selective. It was all black when I dug it and for a few seconds I thought I had another Spanish half real, till I looked at it more closely and realized what I finally found. Most of the Spanish silver half reals that I find are from the 1700's and are older but for many years I preferred finding a U.S silver bust coin, it was at the top of my bucket list. X-Terra with 3khz, 9" coil. Jabbo

Welcome to the club jabbo...very nice...I hope the river kept you cool while hunting... hats off to you for having the energy to hunt in this heat..all my recent hunts are from the easy chair if ya know what I mean...congrats on getting that hard to find dime..

Booty, There was a lot of activity at this river during the 1700's. I found a Rev War canon ball here in the water a few years ago. Will go back again and try for more goodies.

Wow , would love to find one of those, way to go. Yes gravel, grit and moving water will do a number on them . Good Hunts, CO

nice job on the silver bust jabbo!

Ken, I was upstream of the LL bridge where I found this dime in the exposed gravel, during low tide. Also found modern Memorial pennies and they were not shallow, took a lot of digging in the stones to get them out. Walking back downstream back to the bridge I saw a snake in the water about 4 feet from me, snake was less than 2 feet long. I put my shovel on it to have a closer look, then let it go. Later on Google I found out it was a Copper Head. I learned their venom is not very toxic but can give you some serious problems if bitten. When I'm in the woods I wear Herman Survivor boots for protection from any kind of snakes, but I'm thankful I never ran into any yet.