Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

I made my first hunt with the Banana Headphones Today

Capphd

I hunted for three hours in a fresh water lake. After all the talk about how these headphones aren't loud enough, I had the volume limit at 30. It didn't take me long to realize it was WAY too loud. I realize that I wasn't hunting in the surf with a lot of ambient noise, but I have no need for them to be louder in the fresh water environment. As for the detector, I really like it as a water machine. I have owned and hunted with the Excaliburs a lot. The CTX is superior in every way. And the Excal was my favorite water detector. Since I will not be diving deeper than 10 ft, I see no reason to own the Excal any more. I love the audio. I was in combined and really liked it. There is so much more information sent to your ears with the CTX over the Excal. Also, do not worry about depth. It's at least as deep as the Excal 1000. In fact, I think it's deeper, but I want to get more hunts in with it before I say for sure.

I wonder if some machines are having issue cause at 30 I can barely hear my threshold with the yellows and if the lake is packed and alot of noise forget it. I wonder if this is something that ML can address why some cannot hear well with the yellow's. At 30 on the standard headphones it is too loud so I know it is not my ears.

Great review, I am a long time Excalibur user and have a strong attachment to it and I'm having trouble letting go of it. I hope you continue to post more info on your experiences with the CTX3030.

mtwolf2270 said:
I wonder if some machines are having issue cause at 30 I can barely hear my threshold with the yellows and if the lake is packed and alot of noise forget it. I wonder if this is something that ML can address why some cannot hear well with the yellow's. At 30 on the standard headphones it is too loud so I know it is not my ears.

The threshold level will go up to 50. Isn't that what needs to be adjusted to get louder sound from headphones with no volume control?

Regarding the Koss waterproof headphones.. Many people that have used them on the Excalibur and found them not loud enough and never gave them a chance on the CTX..The FBS machines, having the gain adjustment adjusted properly do not need as much volume to hear the deep targets like on a BBS machine.. wildherre

I miss spoke the threshold is set to where I can barely hear it which is how I run it on my land phones. When the volume limit I set to 20 on land is as loud as I can take. Yes rasing the threshold helps some but it can affect hearing targets like smaller gold and silver jewerly. The sound to me is so muffled on the CTX at same threshold or even at 40 that it almost sounds as if the sound is coming from outside the phones. my hunting buddy hunts a excal with same phones. Ii had him play with it and listen and his exact words" Holy s*%t if that is as good as it gets then that sucks" if there is any outside noise forget it you have to hunt by screen only which is hard this is 40 plus hours in the water.

I suppose I will find out firsthand very soon, about these yellow phones. Mine are supposed to be here this week, and this week is about over.........

I have pmed with Randy and I may very well have found out why I am having trouble see page 22 in the manual I looked at it but it took Randy to get me to understand. You have to set up wireless settings external, internal and wired headphones seperately. So I will check this out and see this maybe why some of us are having issues USER ERROR. So if it fixs it I will eat my crow :blush: