Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

I Need Some Answers On The VX3

moose57

I have an xterra 705 right now. I have been trying to figure out what the difference is between the vx3 and the v3i.I am not one for alot of complacated programs,I want
a detector I can enjoy in the field. The vx3 has my intrest and it does not have as many things to confuse me,but my real question is which one of the two are the easiest
to use.I dont think I would need all of those other programs and besides how many filters does the vx3 have next to the v3i.Thank you for your input..

The v3i for sure and don't get intimidated by all the adjustments that can be made to the machine, it is only complicated if you make it. And when you do get comfatable with it and want to tweak it then you have the capability to do so.

The V3i has 8 filters and the VX3 has 4.

[attachment 239865 2012-07-30_155520.jpg]

If too many choices confuse you Moose, the VX3 was made for you.

Rob, in your response, you say the vx3 has 4 filters, but in the chart you posted, under filter & speed, then number of filters, it shows the vx3 as having 2 filters. Which is correct?

It has only two. They left the 5 and12 bandpass filters and didn't include the 5 and 12 high pass filters'

So the VX3 only has 2. The V3i has 2 for each of the 4 frequency filters.

The Vx3 is user friendly. I love mine. The only reason i didn't get the v3i is because my wife and i had a baby on the way and i didn't have the time to nuts around with the v3i. After buying the vx3 and understanding it and reading alot about the v series i think i could get the v3i and not be intimdated buy it. Good luck

There is a thing I just don't understand. The VX3 is like a V3i with less tweeks. Now isn't it the same to get a V3i and stick to the factory setups????

Yes you can make a V31 act like a VX3 but it doesn't work in reverse.

Modern VLF metal detectors use electronic filters both to remove unwanted noise such as electromagnetic interference (EMI) from radio signals and power lines and to remove the portion of the received signal due to ground mineralization. Different filters offer trade-offs in performance. Severe mineralization usually requires more filtering which can affect depth. High EMI likewise requires more filtering. The type and amount of filtration will usually affect loop sweep speeds.

The filtering type we are all talking about here is for adjusting for ground types while each has strengths/weaknesses for different types of targets. The VX3 uses the "calmest reacting" ones to these varying ground types and these 2 alone do a great job when compared to the V3i's 4 filter possibility......because they tend to be the ones that do it best for the "average situations" we all run across. I have the V3i,have it mostly down,wouldn't want to switch to the VX3 (because of all the learning invested and the "extra" tools the V3i has, but...... in the several times I've hunted using both, the VX3 has been on par with the V3i. (It was all looking for target types and hunting in conditions I'm mostly in anyways.) Saying they're the same here is telling on how good of a machine the VX3 is.

Interesting chart you have.
Well 2 filters as opposed to 8 does make one wonder.
I still think the Vx3 seems a decent detector for the money and I believe going head to head with an F-75 ( a detector of comparitive price and features) may
prove a very interesting and revealing battle.

I didn't move your other post but I think you would get a more unbiased answer on a general forum. I looked and it's not getting too many replies. Who knows why?

Rob (IL) said:
I didn't move your other post but I think you would get a more unbiased answer on a general forum. I looked and it's not getting too many replies. Who knows why?

I just don't think alot of people own both or have used both.

Where did you get the chart?
And wondering what the 2 filters on the Vx3 filter out?

The chart is from Carl Moreland from Whites.
[attachment 294521 ScreenHunter_189Jul.0320.26.jpg]

5Hz Bandpass

Seems like the VX3 is more than capable of doing the job then and the Vi3 looks like a supercharger for those who want/need it.

Coilfisher said:
Seems like the VX3 is more than capable of doing the job then and the Vi3 looks like a supercharger for those who want/need it.

Sounds about right:clapping: