Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

I need some help on 2 items

The pic looking thing has shear line on it as a name but what is it?
The U.S. looks like a emblem that was riveted to what ever it was fastened to but? Is it cavalry or later?

The U.S. piece is a WWII Early US Army/ AAF Collar Disc. HERE is a site with one that looks to match yours. I'm not sure how to verify the age but every example I have found claims it is WWII and/or 1940's.

THIS site has many different types listed and ranges over a large time period.

The other item is a Divot Tool. It is used to repair divots made in golf courses. You poke it into the ground and fluff the soil upwards to fill in the divot you made. This is repeated from all angles in a circle around the divot. Here is a video showing how the tool is used......
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w8tWwFhC35I
Closeup of the four golfers on a golf course shown on the divot tool....
http://img1.etsystatic.com/013/0/5716095/il_fullxfull.426881529_37h4.jpg

You know as much about golf as I do! I just like the hunt of IDing something when I'm stuck indoors. I never saw or heard of those before. The collar discs show up on the forum pretty often, though.

this is the first one I found like this. Year ago I found one which was a silver ring with the U S inside the ring. Probably Calvary since I had heard there used to be exercises at the old house where it was found. Still fun to find stuff besides coinage.