Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

I need some help with xp deus problems since updating to 5.21

Digger 45

I have searched and talked to one dealer and no help, i had 4.0 i have a 11" Lf coil and 5x9 HF coil, both ran great on 4.0 then i updated to 5.21 and on both coils i get a lot of static or EMI and they won't settle down. I would like to keep the 5.21 update for its improvements, i have reinstalled 5.21 several times it says its updated to the control when turning it on it comes up 5.21. I thought i would install 4.0 just to see if everything was as good as it was before but can't figure how to go back and do that, gary's video says just hit the dropdown box and select 4.0 but there is no dropdown box.Please help me get my deus back!

Called xp Deus and sent back my unit, after updating from 4.0 to 5.21 constant chatter they said it is probably from the update. Couldn't tell me of anything to do but to send the LF coil, RC and the headphones into them.So off they went today to be repaired.

Each time you use the update programme, you have to delete it from your computer , the programme and the .exe file it installed from.

It needs a new fresh install everytime .

Digger 45 said:
Called xp Deus and sent back my unit, after updating from 4.0 to 5.21 constant chatter they said it is probably from the update. Couldn't tell me of anything to do but to send the LF coil, RC and the headphones into them.So off they went today to be repaired.

It is my opinion that the update messed something up and so you need to send it in for repair. Oh, wait, you already did. Today is bad comedian day.
In reality, I'm sorry for the problem, Digger and do hope they solve the issue. Fortunately for me, I updated mine from 4.0 to 5.21 and all went well and I have the same coils you do.
Please let us know how the repair went.

I don't know if anyone has the same issue as me but ever since I got my Deus the screen on the control unit is a little darker on about a 1"x1" part of the screen than the rest of the screen. So far it has worked fine so no complaints.

Tony
Try adjusting the contrast

Deus sent in and its been 11 days without it , boy do i miss it, hope i hear something soon or get it back repaired, will respond when returned

Just got an email form Detector Electronics today saying my Deus is on the way back to me, they replaced the 11" coil and say it is good to go. Hopefully all is good, another four days to get here but worth it Thanks D E

Just recieved my Deus back from repairs, new coil and all is well. D E sent it back in three days express mail. you guys are great, thanks for your great service.

Digger 45 said:
Just recieved my Deus back from repairs, new coil and all is well. D E sent it back in three days express mail. you guys are great, thanks for your great service.

So the excessive chatter was caused by the original 11" LF coil, and you received back a new 11" LF coil which resolved the issue? A little confused on which of your coils was the issue.

Was the excessive chatter immediate upon selecting the coil or was it when swinging it during detecting? Just trying to understand the original issue and symptoms and what the resolution was. Thanks!

The chatter was on the 11" coil and after selecting the coil on the RC it took about 10 seconds before the chatter started, and this was with the coil up in the air, then it continued to chatter from then on. The 9" coil seems to be fine

Glad it's back
Enjoy the hunt...

Congratulations on getting the Deus fixed. That was awesome of DE to send it back 3-Day Express. Good luck!

mine is now chattering to when i turn on the carrot never did that before the update so not so happy , might roll back and see what happens.. anyone else have that happen?

They are not set to accommodate off-brand pinpointers. get a Mi-6 and your problems will be solved. That's one great feature--zero chatter.

Updated to 5.21 on control, 11" coil and WS5 headphones. All works great!