Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

I own E-trac, 800, and Preoder Manticore. Feel screwed.

nalc472

Coming out with 700 and 900 made our 800 value drop way down. They could have done an update on the 800 but instead come out with a new detector with a light on in. I feel it was to get the market away from the 600 and 800s that will go on market. Feel a little bitter about that. However, Still excited about Manticore.

I’ve had my 800 since Oct. 2019, and I have found enough to pay for it.
It has not given me any problems and has really impressed me with its performance.
Personally I do not feel bad about Minelab coming out with a new detector or detectors.
I plan to keep using mine.
People have been wanting a new detector from Minelab and here they are.

I’ve had my 800 since Oct. 2019, and I have found enough to pay for it.
It has not given me any problems and has really impressed me with its performance.
Personally I do not feel bad about Minelab coming out with a new detector or detectors.
I plan to keep using mine.
People have been wanting a new detector from Minelab and here they are.
I agree! I’m highly impressed with its performance as well. I also look to the future for better technology / treasure finding abilities in Minelab products. From what I see in the Manticore, it seems impressive.

Coming out with 700 and 900 made our 800 value drop way down. They could have done an update on the 800 but instead come out with a new detector with a light on in. I feel it was to get the market away from the 600 and 800s that will go on market. Feel a little bitter about that. However, Still excited about Manticore.
An update wouldn't fix the shaft, waterproofing, armrest or coils ears. Been swinging the Nox since they came out. It needed some issues addressed. I had 4 go bad, and I'm going to get the 900 and the Manticore. I use what works for how and what I hunt for. I'm glad to see an upgraded Nox!!

They had to get rid of the 600 and 800 gracefully and the 700 and 900 are their way of doing that. I felt I was screwed when I bought the first 800 I had to send back the first week and felt overjoyed when I was able to sell the replacement for what I had in it. The 700 and 900 are really just corporate sleight of hand.

They had to get rid of the 600 and 800 gracefully and the 700 and 900 are their way of doing that. I felt I was screwed when I bought the first 800 I had to send back the first week and felt overjoyed when I was able to sell the replacement for what I had in it. The 700 and 900 are really just corporate sleight of hand.
Well maybe they will replace you 600-800 now if there are problems and they will upgrade with the either700-900 for a few bucks also.
Mark

Last edited: