Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

I put the Etrac to the test tonight concerning the "depth thing"

Ray-Mo.

It quit raining a couple of hours before dark so I took the Etrac for a depth test to an old country church parking lot with about 5" of gravel under about 2-3" of sod and it had no problem hitting the coins pictured at 9" plus. In auto it ran at 21-23 and would not hit solid on them but in manual at 27 they hit solid and ID decent as well.Yeah the depth thing bothers me to,digging that deep in gravel is tough but worth it.Ray.

Ray.
What was the rest of your settings and did you try auto + 2 or + 3 or just auto. Have you used the auto + or - yet and if you have what is your feelings on them.
Thanks
Roy

Basic preset coin mode with gain bumped up to 27 Deep on Fast off difficult ground on.I use +3 in auto at first at a sight to get a feel for the soil conditions and then bump manual up a little more if it stays stable.One of the first targets I hit in the gravel area came in good in manual 27 or 28 and I tried to dig with my Lesche and gave up as it was to hard packed and covered it up.Later on I went to the car and got my big Lesche shovel and went back to dig it up.At that time I was in auto +3 at 21 or 22 and when I went over the target it sounded like crap and I thought I know that was a good target a few minutes ago and then realized I was in auto and switched to man. 27 and bingo my good target returned.A wheat penny at 9".I then tested the rest of the targets in auto plus 3 and most gave the same results.However this was a small country church and there was very little trash and a 5" layer of gravel sandwiched between black soil and that may make some difference,Ray.