Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

I score me a decent V nickel keydate

Giant056

Sunday morning I found the rarest coin I've ever found, I was using the 4x6DD shooter coil at a spot where my brother and I have been hunting on and off for 3 years now. The spot is a huge city owned lot where there were probably 16 large early 1900's homes. The very first target that I dug was the V Nickel and that was the only old coin that I dug. I did manage to find an old Bulova watch with a 10K case that I checked with my Mizar M24 gold tester. I've found many good finds at this spot but this one here is definitely the scarcest coin I've ever found. It was down about 4 inches and VDI'd a perfect 19.

Really nice finds, bummer on the coin condition. But if you're like me, you get excited to just find it. :)

When I first viewed you nickel, my curser was over the date and thought you had a '83 w/cents..........nooooooooo! Very awesome find and a crowning jewel to a dig collection! (One tough coin!) Very big congrats to ya Giant!

Great hunt, it definitely is a key date. A great coin to find. Rob[attachment 171435 ani_einstein.gif]

Nice finds Giant.. We managed to pull a couple V's here in mid west MI. but no keydates. Still awesome though:crazy:

Moose. HH

Congratulations on a very nice find! Thanks for the pictures and the story.

NebTrac

That is THE key date, congratulations Larry.

Very nice!:thumbup:

I'm not to up on the coin thing yet what's a key date ? and what makes it key

Coins are divided into three categories. Key dates (due to low,low mintage/availability-high demand). Semi key (lowish mintage/high demand). Common high mintage/supply outstrips demand.

Add to this condition rarity......no matter what the date/mint mark/higher demand. (There is also the unattainable coins that are above any "label" you would try to categorize it with though too.) As a collector, your lucky just to see one of these...or better yet hold one. Hope this helps you.

yup helps thanks for the info !