Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

I think I found a bug in the Equinox

Bill_S

Several times after pinpointing a target the detector would not display ID numbers again after leaving the pinpoint mode. it had sound but no ID. They did eventually start displaying again after about 30 seconds. I can live with it and it works so well I don't want any updates......;o)

If you are not familiar with the type of Pinpoint process in the Nox then this may be the reason you are having the experience that you have reported. The Nox uses what was referred to in the X-terra series as an Auto Pinpoint. With each swing of the coil over the target(or any metal object) the sensitivity is automatically turned down with each swing to help zero in on the center of the target. Since this is a non-motion function, just kind of hovering with a little movement over the target will continue to turn down the sensitivity. Therefore you may get to a point where the sensitivity has auto dialed itself back to zero. On the X-terra 705 there was also another Pinpoint mode called Sizing which did not have this auto sensitivity reduction. So the solution for you I suspect is to lift the coil, exit Pinpoint, re-enter Pinpoint. I think Page 36 of the manual has some verbage about this. I hope this helps.

I thought I had the same issue, but I was hitting the wrong button to exit pin point! You may well have a real issue, but mine was operator error.

No its not me hitting the wrong button. Once I get out of the pinpoint mode I have normal sounds but no ID number. Its not a big deal just thought I would mention it on here in case others see it.

jas415 said:
I thought I had the same issue, but I was hitting the wrong button to exit pin point! You may well have a real issue, but mine was operator error.

Jas you were at the Galveston hunt today , correct ?

Bill_S said:
No its not me hitting the wrong button. Once I get out of the pinpoint mode I have normal sounds but no ID number. Its not a big deal just thought I would mention it on here in case others see it.
Maybe there is nothing there ? Come out of PP & without motion there should be no target. Start swinging & if you dont hit
anything there is no TID to show. On the Safari a TID will stay until you hit another one. Maybe is normal & to save a little
battery draw. In any case it must be software related. Maybe normal, maybe not. Oh BTW try a factory reset then repeate the PP
in one of the " turn on & go" settings. That may tell you something.

Tom
LFOD !

The pinpoint will lock and hold on the last TID number with-in a certain time frame. So lets say you get a TID of 13. The TID disappears and you begin pin pointing. It should remain no TID.

Now if you get a TID of 13 and go into pin point right after and it disappears, that could be a problem.

another situation is, lets just say you get a TID of 13 and you accidentally hit another TID lets say 25, when you go into pin point mode without hitting the 13(target) again, it will lock at 25 while pin pointing the 13.

I will never know, cant remember last time I used a pin point button the noise makes me want to vomit on near every detector I have used and this one is up there bad brain scratching sound :rage:

IQ-2018 said:
I will never know, cant remember last time I used a pin point button the noise makes me want to vomit on near every detector I have used and this one is up there bad brain scratching sound :rage:

Agreed!
The only machine I’ll use the PP on is my IDXPro to get a better idea of depth with the modulated audio. I use it once in awhile with the CTX when making a video but other than that...hardly use it unless REALLY necessary.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9GtzVvc9DEk

You can clearly see when he comes out of PP there is NO ID displayed. Just 2 lines.
SO you are probably OK.

Tom
LFOD !

I just picked up my equinox 800 last night. Bill_S I subscribed to your YouTube channel thanks for the info on the basics. My buddy Bryan told me to check it out and it's made things easier. Just a town or two over from you.

If you ever have a spare moment look up the origin of the term bug with computers (Grace Hopper and it was a moth, really! Its in the Smithsonian). Manufacturing and engineering used the term at least 75 years before her for glitches of various sorts. Anyway.
It is a hoot to see the perspective shift between computer users 'bugs' and computer companies 'features'. I will predict that we have here a feature. :thumbup:

I just picked up my equinox 800 last night. Bill_S I subscribed to your YouTube channel thanks for the info on the basics. My buddy Bryan told me to check it out and it's made things easier. Just a town or two over from you.

Good deal. I am glad it helped you......

Kajunman, yes I was at Galveston with the buried gold chains, flakes and nuggets. Taking pictures, over 150 of them if anyone would want any. Free! lol

And I had the same thing happen today, came out of pin point and was sweeping, getting sounds and different tones, but no numbers for maybe 10 seconds.

And I had the same thing happen today, came out of pin point and was sweeping, getting sounds and different tones, but no numbers for maybe 10 seconds.

It happened to me again today. At least you understand what I am saying.....;o)

Again today for me also. This time I was in Park 1, slightly modified, and after coming out of pin point, it stayed in tones only and no numbers until I switched it completely through all of the modes, swept a tone in every mode, until it got in Gold 1, and then the numbers came back. Everything was normal except no numbers at all on the screen. Its happened a few times as I recall but most of the time it went back to normal operation very quickly, so I really didnt stop and try to figure out what was wrong. Not a big issue to me (unless I have to hunt 'tone only') but it seems like the pin point button circuitry may or may not causing the issue! The CTX may not have a tone but it does give the target icon and shape on the screen.