Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

I think my e-trac has the virus!!!.....

Mike from MI "Iron Brigade"

Staff member
Well not that virus, but is not feeling well. My last three hunts (3 locations) it goes nuts with erratic sounds. So much that I can't detect. GRRRR!!!!! I checked the coil cover, shut it off, hit noise cancel many times, moved the alkaline batteries around, checked the coil connection, and my X-1 connection. Sometimes when it's not moving it settles down, but starts back up again when in motion. Any thoughts that it could be the batteries? It has not given me a low battery signals yet.

Well not that virus, but is not feeling well. My last three hunts (3 locations) it goes nuts with erratic sounds. So much that I can't detect. GRRRR!!!!! I checked the coil cover, shut it off, hit noise cancel many times, moved the alkaline batteries around, checked the coil connection, and my X-1 connection. Sometimes when it's not moving it settles down, but starts back up again when in motion. Any thoughts that it could be the batteries? It has not given me a low battery signals yet.
Hope your up and running soon.

sounds like it is time to pull the battery holder out .... put it back in and do a master reset.

Did you try another coil?.....I was asking about UIltimate..because they do that when they go bad.....

Sensitivity may be way off with some other settings. Try the factory reset to get a fresh setting on entire detector

It appears to be the coil. It works good with a Minelab FBS 8".
Black Hat, I hate to hear that your Etrac is acting erratic. Here's hoping the problem will be solved and be back to acting normal and finding stuff once again. Speaking of the 8' FBS coil....you are just the person I want to talk to. I have been trying to find someone who has used this coil what their take on this coil is. I have a Minelab Safari and I bought a nice used Sunray 8' coil awhile back. I'm considering a 8' coil for the FBS detectors. Have you by chance used these two coils on your Etrac for a comparison?