Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

I think there was a post a while back about the Equinox not finding coins on edge...

Well the 600 does just fine at 6" :) it also does pretty good at finding flat coins too :)

It was quite a treasure hunt this evening. I found 3 types of nickles from different time periods, a 2 cent piece from the mid to late 1860's, a 1912 penny, a Roosevelt dime, and a seated liberty dime.

Super nice finds!

Your little lady is sharp, what's the mint mark? So give our listeners a little insight -modes etc...
Laplander

Thanks a bunch everyone! I didn't see any mint mark the back had some corrosion on it I cleaned it but didn't want to go overboard. I have been mostly hunting using field 2, sensitivity 19-22, manual gb, recovery speed of 2 or 4 for the 800, and 5 tones. I have tried other modes but I've been happy with filled to the best now and again I'll use our recovery speed of 3 but I seem to do just as well with two and have less falsing on rusted iron.

The issue with silver in edge is only in park 1 and field 1 modes. It also only happens with bigger silver like quarters and halves. I have tested my 800 on edge coins pretty extensively and it will hit dimes on edge in any mode. Nice finds though! HH!

Thanks a bunch Ben and Calabash