Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

I think this Outlaw should be given a new trial:shrug:

Thought I'd share an interview I did with Tesoro yesterday on the new Outlaw: http://www.hollandsbrook.com/blog/an-interview-with-tesoro-on-the-new-outlaw-metal-detector/

hollandsbrook said:
Thought I'd share an interview I did with Tesoro yesterday on the new Outlaw: http://www.hollandsbrook.com/blog/an-interview-with-tesoro-on-the-new-outlaw-metal-detector/

I really appreciate that interview, thanks to you and to Robert for posting that and giving more information about the Outlaw and where it stands in line up for now. My only concern is that the Outlaw, according to Robert, will not go as deep as the Vaquero will and I don't know how to feel about that except probably disappointed. I don't live in an area that will have very much deep stuff because it's not New England with 100's of years of history. I do, however, live an area subject to drought and very dry ground, which I have found that dry ground drought conditions mean less depth. I feel I might need something that will punch deeper when I want or need it to in those conditions and have to wonder if the Vaquero would be the one to pick over the Outlaw. Of course in the very dry conditions I don't feel like digging too deep because of the rock hard soil and the need for a large shovel or pick. I feel like it's a catch 22 situation. I can't wait to read/hear those 3rd party reviews and see some actual depth tests and comparisons so I can make up my mind! I never used a Vaquero but also never used a Bandido II umax but wonder about the appeal of the two units to people who had both, thanks.

I agree. Some of us have been pretty harsh and should step back, take a breather and see how it does. I am sorry for letting my frustration get the best of me.

So tell me, how many time have you pulled a quarter out of the ground at 10.25". This is a still pretty deep for a jewelry and coin machine.

Fair enough, I get your point Robert. How dry was said ground where quarter was recovered?

I found it in a dry wash area. I was real happy to find it.

I've been out of town for a week and missed the announcement of the release of the Outlaw.

I have been doing some reading on this detector and I guess I'm scratching my head on this.

While the three coil package is nice, and I don't want to sound dismissive here, but it sounds like the Outlaw is just a uMax machine with a manual ground balance feature.

If I'm right, what does this detector really add to the Tesoro lineup? I mean, why choose this machine over one like the Vaquero?

Someone please set me straight on this one. What am I missing? :shrug:

Its not a Vaquero. We enhanced a unit that everybody loved. We made some changes to it and made it deeper and gave it a package deal.
I know you guys are looking for a VID and or tones. I am sorry this time the new machine that came out wasn't specifically for you!

Just get back in the room with the boys at Tesoro and sort one out mate (hehehe)
We all know that the TID detectors are for the girls, us men want a good deep beep and dig detector with good discrimination. Who wants or needs bells and whistles, not us, we just want to make great finds.

Screw all this whining and complaining, I'm going to swing me some coils in the morning. :)

I've found some of my best stuff with a Compadre and Bandido II uMax.:detecting:

If someone buys a Outlaw detector and doesn't like it, I'll trade them my Minelab 505 for it. It looks almost brand new and works flawlessly.

tabman

We're waiting to try the "Outlaw".........

allcav said:
So tell me, how many time have you pulled a quarter out of the ground at 10.25". This is a still pretty deep for a jewelry and coin machine.
Yes, it is very deep. All too often we read about some goofy claim about a located coin's depth when, honestly, I don't think they were really found that deep. Most coins, as you mentioned in your initial Outlaw review, are rather shallow. Usually surface to about 4", and then honest "deep coin" depths start to come into play. For some models, 5" starts the deep coin relationship, but ANY coin, naturally found lost and later located that is 6" maybe 7", and on rare occasions 8", is what I consider to be a deep coin.

How many quarters or similar-size coins have I found at 10

Its not a Vaquero. I know you guys are looking for a VID and or tones. I am sorry this time the new machine that came out wasn't specifically for you!

Seems like an unfair statement. Most of us aren't. I am a Vaquero owner and very happy with it and hopefully someday will try the Outlaw which seems like a heck of a detector. But, please don't say we are looking for bells and whistles just because we are critiquing your machine. This is what people do. All of us here are happy with Tesoro and will always be.

Monte said:
allcav said:
Yes, it is very deep. All too often we read about some goofy claim about a located coin's depth when, honestly, I don't think they were really found that deep. Most coins, as you mentioned in your initial Outlaw review, are rather shallow. Usually surface to about 4", and then honest "deep coin" depths start to come into play. For some models, 5" starts the deep coin relationship, but ANY coin, naturally found lost and later located that is 6" maybe 7", and on rare occasions 8", is what I consider to be a deep coin.

How many quarters or similar-size coins have I found at 10