Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

I thought it was a feature I had no use for but after using geohunt for the first time.....

bigboar

I gotta say, It is going to be used on every hunt I do from here on out!! After loading it into exchange 2, all I can say is I love it and it is one of the best features of the ctx in my book!!!!

bigboar said:
I gotta say, It is going to be used on every hunt I do from here on out!! After loading it into exchange 2, all I can say is I love it and it is one of the best features of the ctx in my book!!!!

Occasionally I use the hand held GPS I bought at a flea market for a dollar. Works great, just like the GPS on the 3030, it will get me to within 10 or 20 feet of where I want to go. Other than that, I have little use for it.

every hunt I switch to the geohunt screen and check to see if I have missed a large area,,,,, ANY/ALL consumer grade GPS's are only good down to about 3 meters on a good day,,, but it's accurate enough to help me not miss, a spot,,,,and here's hint to all that like to "mark " their finds,,, when you THINK you have a keeper under the coil hit the mark button,,,,, do not hit "save" untill you find the target and verify it's what you want to save,,,, if you don't mark it before you dig you may not get the same TID info that you want,,,, such as depth and FE_CO #'s

yeah, I was talking about saving it and having your finds marked with the signal along with description of the find, etc. I wasnt really implying anything about the accuracy. It is nice being able to upload it into exchange and having a record right on file. Another plus is I dont have to carry a hand held along with me anymore:clapping:

only problem is marking finds the MD only gives it a number,,,, you have to write down what it is or remember what number was what coin to give it a name in exc@

grouser said:
only problem is marking finds the MD only gives it a number,,,, you have to write down what it is or remember what number was what coin to give it a name in exc@

I don't have a good enough memory to remember multiple finds, but instead of carrying a pad and pen/pencil around, I use my cell phone. I have an iphone and with it, I have three options to record my find info. I can make a verbal message with info about the find, or use the video function and shoot a video describing the find. The third is the Minelab app. called Treasure Tracking. With that you can create a new find, describe it and take a still picture if you desire. This app. was just upgraded to have the CTX included in the Minelab machines to select from. The CTX manual is accessible in the app, for reference if needed. Lat and Long information comes up in the gallery where the new find is stored. But I have found the Lat and Long there may not be very close, however. I would guess that error comes from how the cell phone locates, but don't know for fact. So if one has an iPhone the Minelab app is handy.

I have mentioned before, the GeoHunt feature of the CTX may not be for everyone, but those that have a need for it, it is very nice. I detect more in large areas or fields and being able to see where you have been is great for record keeping and knowing what areas are producing the good targets........HH

I do wish I could put the gps in "track up " mode,,,, "north up" confuses me,,,

grouser....that can be a bit confusing, especially if you don't know which way north is.....I'm sure you've found, to get oriented to north, you can set the tracking screen to 10x10 and walk a straight line a short distance to create a line on the screen. You can see if you were going NE, SW or whatever, rotate the machine to have the top aimed to the north, based on the direction of your walk. Or you can just start walking, watching the "stickman" and just direct him to the target. However, if you are the 100x100 you will probably wander around a bit more when getting started....(I use the compass in my phone to get oriented if needed.)......

I just like the track up on my Garmin 60csx and have gotten used t it,,,, I still manage with the CTX but wish it could be changed,,, thanks for the help I still turn left when I should go right lol :unsure:

grouser said:
I still turn left when I should go right

Two wrongs don't make a right.:nono: But three rights do make a left! :stars: :rofl:HH Randy

left ,,, left ,,,, left turn Clyde :help: