Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

I took the Plunge...

GeoPa

I've been a forum member for a number of years, just lurking in recent years though. I have a new E-Trac on the way. I have been using an Explorer since 2001 with great success but I have been having issues with the display and decided to upgrade. I chose an E-Trac because I have a whole selection of coils from the Explorer that will work with the E-Trac. My usual settings on the Explorer are, smart screen, iron mask -10, Recovery Deep, and manual sensitivity.

With that said, what tips do you E-Trac users have to offer so that I can make a smooth transition ?

Thanks, George

Need you ask!

Just start reading anywhere in here! haha
There's tons of info... Hopefully getting mine soon..

Pete

GeoPa said:
I've been a forum member for a number of years, just lurking in recent years though. I have a new E-Trac on the way. I have been using an Explorer since 2001 with great success but I have been having issues with the display and decided to upgrade. I chose an E-Trac because I have a whole selection of coils from the Explorer that will work with the E-Trac. My usual settings on the Explorer are, smart screen, iron mask -10, Recovery Deep, and manual sensitivity.

With that said, what tips do you E-Trac users have to offer so that I can make a smooth transition ?

Thanks, George

That may not be much of an upgrade or a transition as the Explorer is a formidable machine on it's own. I have never borrowed one but friends who use them would be hard pressed to move to the e-trac--especially the SE Pro users.

I hear a lot of people talk of running the sensitivity at 29 or 30 on the e-trac but my soil won't allow that without a good deal of falsing which has you trying to make bad signals turn good. I often see rec. sens. readings at 7 or 10 and run auto +3 or manual about 6 to 9 over and seldom have a chance to get over 25.
I'm not sure on the Explorer but on the e-trac an unstable threshold tells you pushing the limits. Enjoy

What is the major differences between
the SE Pro and the E-Trac anyway?

Was thinking about getting the E Trac but if the SE Pro is the same
then why not save a couple of hundred bucks'

Pete
I don't know the major differences.

knightsquad said:
What is the major differences between
the SE Pro and the E-Trac anyway?

Was thinking about getting the E Trac but if the SE Pro is the same
then why not save a couple of hundred bucks'

Pete