Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

I was greeted by a nice surprise this evening. It also baffles me how all these coins have been missed.

JimmyCT

After work I headed out for a couple hours to a well beaten public location. I was floored to unearth the 1901 Barber Quarter! Only about 3" deep too.
The other coins have been found over the last few trips and were all from well beaten public locations as well. Unbelievable how they went undetected all these years is amazing!!
A big thanks to Fwcrawford for identifying and dating the button!!! - Ives Kindrick & Co 1830's
Settings:
Park1 - Multi
GB -0
sensitivity 23
50 tones :)
recovery speed - 4
iron bias F2 - 0
Slow sweep speed
coin3 - Copy.jpg
coins - Copy.jpg
coins 2 - Copy.jpg
button 1 - Copy.jpg
button2 - Copy.jpg

Last edited:
Very nice finds Jim.... you are really squeezing those elusive coins from those heavily hunted public sites.
It is amazing how old coins that have obviously been there for many years
were missed.
Nice saves!!!👍👍

Thanks Felix! Not sure how they got passed by but I'll take them all lol

Very nice finds Jim.... you are really squeezing those elusive coins from those heavily hunted public sites.
It is amazing how old coins that have obviously been there for many years
were missed.
Nice saves!!!👍👍

I live in an area where mineralized soil and massive iron issues are major problems.
I did better than well with a few Tesoros and Fishers, I learned to get around our masking problems better than I thought I ever could, but hunting with a Nox around here is something else.
Coins on edge, coins and other targets severely masked pulled from scoured and totally abandoned sites and not everything deep, either.
Hard to believe so many missed so much over the years.
For me, hunting in this mess, it just seems to make noticing and finding everything much easier.

Wow!! Awesome finds Jim!!!I I love when a well hunted spot gives up some nice coins!!!
I bet that 1916 had you hoping?!!!!
Mark

Hey Mark,
Yes I was definitely looking for the notorious "D" mark lol Maybe next time :)

Wow!! Awesome finds Jim!!!I I love when a well hunted spot gives up some nice coins!!!
I bet that 1916 had you hoping?!!!!
Mark

This is what I am finding too.

I live in an area where mineralized soil and massive iron issues are major problems.
I did better than well with a few Tesoros and Fishers, I learned to get around our masking problems better than I thought I ever could, but hunting with a Nox around here is something else.
Coins on edge, coins and other targets severely masked pulled from scoured and totally abandoned sites and not everything deep, either.
For me, hunting in this mess, it just seems to make noticing and finding everything much easier.

If I am hunting an outfield of a ball diamond,I run the 600s recovery speed at 1...Usually I run on 2...Might have to speed up a bit in trashy areas...

Thank you for reminding me to indicate which model I have. I run the 800 with recovery speed of 4.
I find that Recovery of 4 provides me with the best of both worlds: excellent separation and depth.

If I am hunting an outfield of a ball diamond,I run the 600s recovery speed at 1...Usually I run on 2...Might have to speed up a bit in trashy areas...

Impressive results... in all my years I still have never dug a Barber quarter ...I’ve been doing some park hunting in my area with mixed results..been cherry picking ..I did get a silver ring 2 weeks in a row and clad... nicely done..

Thank you for reminding me to indicate which model I have. I run the 800 with recovery speed of 4.
I find that Recovery of 4 provides me with the best of both worlds: excellent separation and depth.
I see...2 on the 600 = 4. I was on 1 this morning on a sidewalk tear out but only got some clad... :detecting:

After work I headed out for a couple hours to a well beaten public location. I was floored to unearth the 1901 Barber Quarter! Only about 3" deep too.
The other coins have been found over the last few trips and were all from well beaten public locations as well. Unbelievable how they went undetected all these years is amazing!!
A big thanks to Fwcrawford for identifying and dating the button!!! - Ives Kindrick & Co 1830's
Settings:
Park1 - Multi
GB -0
sensitivity 23
recovery speed - 4
iron bias F2 - 0
Slow sweep speed
View attachment 4685View attachment 4686View attachment 4687View attachment 4688View attachment 4689
Amazing finds jim

I have done well with other detectors also, but like you, never like I have been doing with the Equinox.
I have been highly impressed with it and am surprised at the amount of silver coins I have been finding at heavily hunted sites like you.
Earthpotluck (Jim) finally talked me into getting one back in October and I have not been disappointed at all with it.
It is a an amazing machine in my opinion as others have also discovered.

I didn’t talk you into anything lol I just showed you my results :ROFLMAO:

I have done well with other detectors also, but like you, never like I have been doing with the Equinox.
I have been highly impressed with it and am surprised at the amount of silver coins I have been finding at heavily hunted sites like you.
Earthpotluck (Jim) finally talked me into getting one back in October and I have not been disappointed at all with it.
It is a an amazing machine in my opinion as others have also discovered.

Your killing it. Very nice

Settings:
Park1 - Multi
GB -0
sensitivity 23
recovery speed - 4
iron bias F2 - 0
Slow sweep speed
View attachment 4685View attachment 4686View attachment 4687View attachment 4688View attachment 4689

Very nice digs...Congrats!!!!

I run the same settings as yours except my IB is set at F2-4.... I dig less rusted nails at this setting. In F2-0, rusted nails sound just like silver and I got tired of digging those. Are you experiencing the same at your IB setting? My dirt is pretty mild here in the Los Angeles area.

Thank you.
I did at first but I soon learned how iron behaves and do not dig that much now. Most noticeably, iron creates little spikes in tone and TID.

Very nice digs...Congrats!!!!

I run the same settings as yours except my IB is set at F2-4.... I dig less rusted nails at this setting. In F2-0, rusted nails sound just like silver and I got tired of digging those. Are you experiencing the same at your IB setting? My dirt is pretty mild here in the Los Angeles area.

Heading out into one of the streams to do some water hunting with the 800 nox. First water hunt with this machine. Done really well in the woods with it. Nice finds , love that silver.