Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

I was wondering if someone could post an Intro. Coinstrike video?

But ya kinda nice to get the Coinstrike on topic. Lots good memories with that one.

Hi Bill. I appologize, but you did say you'd be doing a Coinstrike video some time...I just need to work on being patient..:). I've just been frustrated at times because it's like I'm trying to learn in a few days or weeks, what alot of you guys spent years learning by using your detectors and so forth. So I didn't mean to sound so rush-rush with it. Fall's coming just around the corner too, and so I guess I was just hoping to have covered the info. before I got out to some places. But I know your a top-notch guy, and well respected for your knowledge and stuff. So I can wait. I just gotta learn patience. Thanks Bill. HH. Sincerely, Randy

Hi Bill. I just wanted to also add...the 'Coinstrike Homepage' is an excellent homepage, it just had so much information on it. And for a beginner like me, I just got a little lost in it all...like ground balance in 'all-metal?' And I'm not sure what the difference be be between ground balancing in disc. vs. all-metal, and so forth with tosme other stuff. I also wanted to add some "ideas" that I was talking with onpoint about on a coinstrike video. Now I'm no expert on video making, so I'm not telling you how or what to do inn the making of one. But I just wanted to mention what I think would be nice in an intro. video. Alot of videos I've watched go over the controls, which is the right idea, but like I was telling onpoint, I wish someone would demonstrate what an "improperly set" machine would look/sound like. I read about how improperly set machines will "chatter," "false," etc...but to a beginner, this may not be clear to them? So a demonstration of this would be of great importance(I think). And then, how to "remedy" this,(if possible, depending on conditions). Thanks Bill. Again, I don't mean to sound like a director or anything, but I just think some videos don't show this kind of stuff is all. Thanks again Bill. HH. Sincerely, Randy

Found my first gold ring with an Excel and cleaned up the saltwater beaches after the hurricanes of 05 with my C$.
Special thanks to you for the "525" Bill!

Hi Jack, inasmuch as i have always respected your posts. I cannot agree with you on this. I don`t want to get in a slugging match with you over this but I personally would definitely say Do NOT run the F75 with no sounds going on in the Back ground.:thumbdown:

As far as a video for running through the settings, Fisher has a VHS for the C$. It's about a 15 minute video that goes over the settings, and how to use them. Very basic, but enough to get you started in the right direction. Interestingly they call their factory preset memory program their Coinshooting setting. It's hot, but if you can run it, it works OK. It definitely likes to lock onto round targets, no doubt about that.

I wish I could do every request & help everyone.....It just sounds like you need some assistance with the C$ right away & unfortunately I'm unable to help right away.
Hopefully some of the posts & web site I pointed out may help until I can get something done....
HH,
Bill

I think this was mentioned because you need to find a clean piece of soil to do the auto bal......
What I did was put the coil down on the ground in disc mode....if the meter showed 00 that meant it was clean & you could balance there.
As you said there's alot of info there....don't get too wrapped up in it all. Start with my "tips quide" first....
HH,
Bill

He still uses his C$ but now has an F75 & Infinium like me as well to play with.......he loved this forum but got tired of all the know it all's as well I think, & rarely posts now...
HH,
Bill

Hey I tend to like em a bit noisy too. I was just stating personal preference does enter into it and some prefer quiet. :)

Or, how about I put it like this....." neither way is right or wrong"... That better?

Bill Ladd said:
I think this was mentioned because you need to find a clean piece of soil to do the auto bal......
What I did was put the coil down on the ground in disc mode....if the meter showed 00 that meant it was clean & you could balance there.
As you said there's alot of info there....don't get too wrapped up in it all. Start with my "tips quide" first....
HH,
Bill

I had a lot of problems ground balancing in AM. It's really easy to GB on this machine (switch to AM in a "clean" area, pump the coil a couple of times (between 1" - 6" according to Fisher) while pressing the AUTO/GROUND button and release after pumping, then the C$ emits a confirmation tone, then you can switch back to discrimination mode. My biggest problem is I could never find a "clean" area (which seems odd), so I'd do the GB procedure in the cleanest spot I could find, and then switch to autotrack. Seems to work great, and you can switch autotrack off if you don't like it.

Hey there Cal_Cobra. When you mentioned in your post that, if you could'nt find a clean spot for some reason to GB. You said that you would use the procedure you mentioned to GB and then switch to auto-tracking. What does auto-tracking do, in this case where you could'nt find a clean spot? Thanks for any info. on this. HH. Sincerely, Randy

Personally, I quickly set the coil down on a spot...if I saw 00 then I did the balancing there. That works fine. You can also take it a step further and push the pinpoint pad to be sure your have a clean spot (no beeps or numbers). Then your golden & you can hunt with piece of mind. Put ground tracking on & the unit will update itself to the different soil changes as you move about. An excellent feature that the F5 should have tried to incorporate but apparently their "field testers" thought the drawn out ground balance production everyone's complaining about was just fine?
HH,
Bill

Hi Bill, ( Hope things are good with you ? )
Can I ask when you GB do you look for the 3 feet metal free area or as stated as long as it's "00" You go and do it there ? As I some times get quite frustrated in finding that 3' clean area.
I'll have to try out the GB in disc also good time saver ! Also when you was over here in the UK did you find that the ground conditions change a lot ? I haven't quit sussed that one out yet !
Clinton.

I've had many many sites where the machine I was using was very "busy" holding it at wait level.......but steady and stable on the ground. RF interference isnt as much of an issue at ground level as it is in the air! Anyway.....I agree in principle that checking the machine for Rf interference in the air "may" help provide rock quiet operation............but I prefer to live a little closer to the edge than that.. :) :) Streak!

yogaguy said:
Hey there Cal_Cobra. When you mentioned in your post that, if you could'nt find a clean spot for some reason to GB. You said that you would use the procedure you mentioned to GB and then switch to auto-tracking. What does auto-tracking do, in this case where you could'nt find a clean spot? Thanks for any info. on this. HH. Sincerely, Randy

Several senior members here had suggested to use auto-tracking when GB was an issue. As I understand it, it auto ground balances as you hunt, and was intended mainly for areas where the ground is changing a lot, but also works well if your at an area that's challenging to GB at. I'll usually do the normal GB procedure, then switch to auto-tracking to make sure it's OK.

HH,
Brian

will hurt the machines ability to see good stuff and cause problems with more iron falsing than it should.

If you are having problems finding a clean spot (using either Bill's 00 or a clear area) use the tracking feature to set the GB. You DO NOT have to be over a completely clean area. Find a spot that is relatively trash free turn tracking on and make 4-5 sweeps over the ground and then turn tracking off. When using tracking it does not matter if the machine sees the occasional iron or trash, just that it sees mostly clean ground. If you manually balance and there is some nearby iron/trash it can pull the GB off hurting performance. Using the tracking method as I outlined gives very good performance. I used to have to sometimes wander off 30 to 40' from my hunting area to find a clean spot to balance and had no assurance that it was proper once I returned to the area to hunt.

Tom

Jackpine Savage said:
will hurt the machines ability to see good stuff and cause problems with more iron falsing than it should.

If you are having problems finding a clean spot (using either Bill's 00 or a clear area) use the tracking feature to set the GB. You DO NOT have to be over a completely clean area. Find a spot that is relatively trash free turn tracking on and make 4-5 sweeps over the ground and then turn tracking off. When using tracking it does not matter if the machine sees the occasional iron or trash, just that it sees mostly clean ground. If you manually balance and there is some nearby iron/trash it can pull the GB off hurting performance. Using the tracking method as I outlined gives very good performance. I used to have to sometimes wander off 30 to 40' from my hunting area to find a clean spot to balance and had no assurance that it was proper once I returned to the area to hunt.

Tom

Yep, exactly what I was (trying to) saying, BUT why turn off auto-tracking ?

I've read comments here that leaving tracking on *could* track out good targets when re-sweeping them, but I've also read posts by seasoned C$ users which raised the BS flag on that thought as well.

Bill Ladd said:
An excellent feature that the F5 should have tried to incorporate but apparently their "field testers" thought the drawn out ground balance production everyone's complaining about was just fine?

This is one missing feature that really baffles me. Why have a real time ground analysis and not let the frickin machine automatically make the GB adjustments ? If I read your post correctly Bill, you saying that the machine is fully capable of doing such, but the beta field testers whined that it was too complicated...WTH?

Isn't that effectively what a Minelab multifreq (BBS/FBS) machine is doing ?