Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

I went, I swung, oh man!

Sailorman

Just got back from the Minelab event at Kellyco. They had two of the CTX's on hand. It may weigh more than my E-Trac but the ergonomics are fantastic. The subjective feeling is like a feather next to the E-Trac. The color display was very easy to see in direct sunlight and all controls easy to manipulate. Was able to swing it on some test targets for just a few minutes but my appetite is seriously wetted to get one!

Caught much of the presentation on the machine and that just peaked my interest more. Hopefully I can stock the ol' detector fund enough to get one.

But as a final note don't let the total weight spook you, they really got the balance right on this one!

thankyou for that great report i am a retired lady and swing the etrac for six hours with the large coil so what you are saying is that from what i have told you you see no reason why i shouldnt be able to handle the 3030
mine is on order and and i have been very saddened about the way it has been launched and the backlash but your post does mean so much to me if you can give me anymore snippets of information i will me very grateful did you find any targets??????????????

:)good report SailorMan thanks!! sounds good. weight and screen both very much needed problems that needed fixing screen mostly pretty much useless in the direct sunlight.

Sugar did you retire when you were 30 ? 6Hrs on the etrac that's pretty impressive :thumbup: put me to shame :blowup:

BP

thanks for the report... cool!

Didn't have much time to check it out and try features but I watched it hit a platinum ring on edge solid and coins in a test garden. Without really knowing the machine but knowing an Etrac I found it easy to follow the target info. Scrolled through some menus. Then I handed it off to the next person. EVERYONE was checking them out and it sounded like alot of sales were made.

I'm still really surprised at how easy it swung!

Went to the Chicago event... We had 4 of em.. Feels very solid ..Screen is nice ...Balances well but you can tell you have got ahold of something...wildhere

click for pics!!

was also in Orlando also today and was impressed with the 3030. I pumped the minelab guy about future models and he hinted that they would incorporate the new technology as the 3030 and said that they are not getting rid of the excal for sovereign models. Swung the 3030 and found the machine ery balanced, weight at 5.2 pounds. I liked the ability to layer gps coordinates over various hunts to show the concentrations of targets in a certain area. To date software only interfaces with Win 7 and XP not with Mac. The wireless headphone and receiver is an option at purchase and older coils are not conpatible with the 3030. Just a bit more to bite on...

larryk56 said:
Good to hear that it's not as heavy as it looks.

Be nice if it was made in the USA. ??

Considering its the product of an Australian company that's not likely to ever happen. BTW very little is "made in the USA". That whole tag line is full of crap anyway. In some instances things are "assembled in the USA" but even then a large percentage of the components necessary to make the produce whatever it might be come from other countries.

EasySwing said:
was also in Orlando also today and was impressed with the 3030. I pumped the minelab guy about future models and he hinted that they would incorporate the new technology as the 3030 and said that they are not getting rid of the excal for sovereign models.

EasySwing was he hinting that Minelab was getting rid of the E-Trac. Explorer, and Safari lines?

John

He did state that there are no plans to discontinue any of their line right now.

They did say it went deeper than etrac and better target separation.
Cannot be hip mounted. Finger trigger on handle for changing to pin point mode and cycling
through the previous menus quickly. Nice touch along with carbon fiber shaft and body construction.