Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

I went on a Relic hunt and found a Barber!

roseon3rd

[size=medium][size=large]A friend of mine in Eastern NC told me several months ago that he had bought some property and supposedly there had been one of Sherman's camps on it. Obviously I have wanted to check it out for quite some time but since its 3 1/2 hours away I would only be able to hunt it when I would be passing through the area. Due to a business trip this past week, I was able to take a stroll through the property for about 2 hours Thursday and of course I had my GTI 2500 in hand. I was a little disappointed that I didn't find any buttons or bullets or civil war treasures but I did find a heck of alot of trash, plenty of shot shell casings and mostly things I have no clue what they are, but I dug 'em anyway. The funniest thing happened there in the woods....I got a zinc penny signal at four inches and shoveled out a scoop of dirt to see a shiny coin looking thingy laying there. I thought, "What the heck is a token doing out here in the middle of no-where?" Well, a closer inspection revealed that it said" One Dime" on the back and had a Barber Head on the other!!! My goodness! My first Barber Dime! An 1892! In the middle of no-where!!! Well, I didn't find much else worth mentioning but did enjoy the fine weather and just a chance to get out and hunt. I told my friend I'd be back soon and hunt the other 46 acres he owns across the river. :biggrin:

I also took a couple photos of the cleaned coin with my new camera. I realize the lighting isn't exactly right yet but hopefully with some practice I'll be able to get some good shots. Note the word LIBERTY across the forehead and beneath the olive branch. I couldn't see it with the naked eye. You just never know what you're gonna dig out there!

Y'all take care. Enjoy the hunt!

Curt[/size][/size]

Great dime! Even better because you found it where you least expected it. Thanks for the fix!

Chris

Minty coin a real beauty.
Congrats !!!

HOLY....well you know.
Thats really some great finds.
Now why don't we in Indiana have some
battle grounds.
Katz

Totally awesome dude!:super:Congrats on the silver!:cheers:Nice pics!:thumbup:Happy Hunting!:)

It is hard to believe you found that beautifull coin in the middle of the woods, especially in that condition. Anyways, unexpected finds sometimes happen, I also went to something like that when I found a barber dime (1906) in an hacienda in Ciudad Victoria, Mexico. This hacienda is on the middle of nowhere and on top of a mountain 300 miles away from the U.S. and it is still my oldest American coin. Good find, and work out those fields my friend.