Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

I wonder what this is???

Fanger

Me and my wife went metal snooping yesterday in a cival war battle area near Vicksberg and she found what we at first thought was an old copper coun innbad condition, the size of a quarter but when washed it had US stanped on it. I thought maby a US bridal part but it is more CD like a coin. I found something kinda wierd , i thought was old button but turned over and it has whst looks like a viking helmet on it. I figured it cant be old but it looks pretty old. If I can figure out how to do it I will post pics of each incase anybody can tell me what they are🧐

Attachments

• 7D17F08D-6D82-467D-8870-27EB4844F01C.jpeg
    7D17F08D-6D82-467D-8870-27EB4844F01C.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 86
  • A8DC0559-B07B-4915-B3A4-8731A33370CE.jpeg
    A8DC0559-B07B-4915-B3A4-8731A33370CE.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 85
  • 6EB06381-D7DC-498B-9295-378D9DAE3C9C.jpeg
    6EB06381-D7DC-498B-9295-378D9DAE3C9C.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 90
What's on the back of the US one?
The Viking one looks like a bridle rosette, i thing I see the two attachments on the back where the strap bar was.

The US one looks like the US was stamped from the back side, it"s the size and thickness of a quarter but is a little heavier I think. It isnt thin metal like a button but seems to be maby copper.....the I could see the places on the back of the viking thing but I have no Idea what it is. Any ideas would be appreciated.

The US disc looks like a post Civil War bridle rosette. They were used till after WW1. The Government sold a lot of surplus items, including horse tack.

Thankyou I couldnt figure out exactly what it was. And the viking helmet thing was gold plated but nearly all of that is gone, you can get the light right on it and see that the back seems to have been gold plated. I dont know if its 40 years old or 140.