Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

I would like to see them test a few gold rings in park dirt - how about you?

BigTony

Minelab folks - show us some gold rings tests in park dirt.

Anyone else want any other tests please list them?

theyre not going to show us anything like that.

But, with coins lying on the surface, several inches apart, no ferrous targets lying between or around them, it was almost like a sleight of hand move, engineered to excite the emotions of minelab aficionados, and get the juices working.

And it worked, judging by the number of pre-orders for the machine. But that's OK--it happens when any new detector comes out.

I use an Excalibur for water hunting. It's slow, but that works good in the water. I like the idea of the equinox, if for no other reason that it has target ID and gold hunting frequency. But at the same time, I know there are other water machines made by a variety of different manufacturers that do a fine job as well.

Even though some of us might be drooling at the notion of a super detector for less than $1k, the best thing to do now is be patient, read and watch the reviews that will be coming out, and keep asking pertinent questions. Just remember: detectors often have glitches that do not initially get addressed--sometimes it takes a bit of extended field use to get the problems addressed and rectified.

Be patient.

Speak for yourself Greg.
At my age and health , patience is not an option.
You wait , I'll go find stuff:thumbup:

One of the speed tests used a foot long, maybe 1'4" thick semi curved piece of iron they found in the ground, they laid it next to the coins, lengthwise, and the equinox did not miss a beat.
I know it was just one surface test, but I was impressed how it ignored the iron.