Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

I WOULD LOVE TO HAVE A (GOOD V3)

chasia

I really like being able to adjust a machine to my hunting areas and to my frame of mind during a hunt. We have all been there, days when we can hunt in all metal and 0 discrimination for hours or when with these settings 5 minutes will blow your mind. Irregardless of settings or patterns I'm running, in this day and age I would expect any machine of major manufacturers to be somewhat consistent in hitting a 8" dime and somewhat consistent in iding it as a dime in the lower mineralization here in Iowa. I think a 10" dime would be a somewhat different story ( I think). It seems to me that the V3 comes on line with almost endless adjustment menus and an unbelievable discrimination system. What is the truth of this V3? Can it consistently hit a 8" dime or a 10" quarter? Look upon me as your best friend and give me a reason I should or shouldn't get a V3.

Just did an air test (I know, not the best, but I am stuck in doors at the moment). With my 5.3 (6 inch coil) I can air test a dime & penny to about 7 inches (ac = 88, gain at 15). With my 950 I can hit that dime at 9".

I didn't check with the d2 (its too erratic to run inside.

I switched to single freq 7.5 khz in the coin and jewelry program and set the RX gain to 14. I kept the other sensitivity settings the same as stock and used the DD coil. Repeatable hit at 13 inches with the quarter and 11 inches on the dime. These are extreme settings but in my opinion, the V3 is not lacking in the depth department. The V3 seems to get better depth when you switch to a single frequency and put all the power to one area instead of three. With all the advanced features that it offers up, you can make it act or sound like whatever you want it to. I have a special program that gives a special tone when I detect a Civil War Minie ball. See if you can do that with any other machine out there.....I love mine and I think you will also. :inlove::whites:

In my soil here in High Point N.C. I can easily detect and properly ID a dime at 9" and also a Half Dollar at 11" with the stock coil, both of these coins are in my test garden. The V is without a doubt is the deepest detector I have owned.

Jerry Murphy

If anyone has a bad V3...send it to me and I'll do my best to teach it the error of it's ways. (Naughty V3...Naughty V3.)

"give me a reason I should or shouldn't get a V3"

Because you want one...

Julien

"give me a reason I should or shouldn't get a V3"

Honestly what answer would you expect from a V3 forum. Find one to try and decide for yourself. Rob