Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Iceburgs in the Chesapeake Bay, and Gold Treasures

OldBeechnut

Been out a few times this week, Sunday and today (Weds). Had a good time Sunday with Scott, Ice was everywhere and tuff to work around but both of us did well. Was able to hit a rocky area about chest deep that held many good targets and came home with a couple gold. Dews little 8oo was Hot! .. Water is still cold at 32 but air temps are up there so it's not to bad.

Then Todays Hunt with MikeG, Had a real good time. Had to test DocBevs Machine, Bam she scored me a 10k ring. Interesting day, Mike dug a big coin spill, I pushed around large chunks of ice trying to hit the rocky area, and I tried out Yoopers suggestion of using one as a sifter platform...Took a spill after stepping into one of my own holes, and flopping around like a fish. 3 plus hours, cramps in both my legs..But both of us got Gold...

Ole Beach, your making everyone to start aching. Man you guys sure are sniffing out some great spots in th bay. Stay careful.

Thanks Dancer, . Icebergs had the good spot covered and did not want to take the chance of getting caught between them..but it all worked out..

Thanks Joe! I await your presents!! Get that boat ready!!

Nice job joe...very productive hunts...looks like you are making up for lost time....cant beat gold and ice or at least the gold anyway...congrats...

Im not feeling sorry for your cramps Joe..... not with a hall like dat. Makes me want to be your tester. You are going to have one outstanding season my man. Congrats on those hunts..... and that how to show someone you fixed their machine.

You 14K with "ICE" is much nicer than any ice I have seen, except for the ice that is GONE! What a difference a tide or two can make.
I don't want to see the size of the scoop if all that is in the sifter was from one scoop. Maybe that is what I need...a bigger scoop.
I bet that the old gold ring had and outstanding stone in it. A ruby, no doubt.
What was that saying..."fill in your holes" ... it does not mean with your own body. Hope you did not get wet and cold. Looks like you were on the shallow side.
Be safe and enjoy, thanks for letting us enjoy your recap of a great week.

Joe,
Taking the cover off the boat this weekend, going to get the motor tuned up and she will be ready to set sail!!!!

Joe in Maryland said:
Joe,
Taking the cover off the boat this weekend, going to get the motor tuned up and she will be ready to set sail!!!!

Joe, I have so many old beach's it will be a Turkey Shoot!! Just give me a date and I will start lining them up......!!

Many Thanks Guys!!

WW, I was fairly deep most of the hunt but I'm a circler in and out hunter. A short video of the 14k ER, and my floundering fall...near the end of the hunt and it finished me off with the leg cramps..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JYAnQDeMqWo