Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

I'd like some opinions on best water detector & why

tomtowns

What I have in mind is underwater detecting in Very clear to Pretty clear water Via hookah system for rings, pendants, coins...I'm not new to detecting...I've been keying in on the Excal because of minelabs rep. & the tone I.D....I'm pretty well set on the Idea of haveing some sort of I.D. so that I'll have at LEAST an Idea of whether I'm looking for something shiney or dull or rusted...The unit will also need to be capable of dealing with hot rocks...I know this is not the most active forum but need feedback from you divers out there....Thanks TT

I have been using an Excal 1000 very successfully here in Bermuda and I strongly recommend this unit from a technical standpoint. From a fit and finish standpoint the design leaves a lot to be desired. Ergonomically it isn't the best and the stock shaft is pretty lousy but if you keep the actual box and coil but upgrade everything else it is truly an awesome underwater hunting machine.
To date all of my hunting has been while wading but I know there is plenty to be had out there that is just a little too deep to reach while wading, hence the upcoming scuba training. There is supposed to be a 15" WOT coil available but I don't know enough about it yet to comment with confidence.

HH,

BDA:cool:

n/t

I have a Fisher 1280X and a Fisher cz20 and just love the 1280!

It is the first one I ever bought and admit that it talkes to me. I know that machine and what it is saying. That is what a person has to do with any machine.

I bought the CZ20 because everyone said it was the latest and greatest but I use it for backup. I might be missing some stuff but I have thousands of finds with that Fisher, including hundreds of rings, over a hundred gold.

The thing is, any underwater machine with find goodies but how much depends on how much time you spend with it.

ID I personally think it useless. Learn to understand what the tones are telling you. I have two land machines, my main one is a Whites XLT and I rarely ever pay any attention to the ID. You can just tell if it is worth digging after a while.

These are the only detectors I have used so I have no opinion on the others.