Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

ID Norm on and off

I created a video to illustrate the differences in audio tones (there are no differences) and VDI when switching between ID Norm on/off. The user manual states on page 27:

"ID NORM (Standardization of the targets ID)Let users know that the 18 KHz frequency target ID value is the one that is used to normalise the target ID values in the other frequencies."

There is no mention that audio tones are normalized, and that appears to be the case as indicated in the video: https://youtu.be/Ckl4W16Td_I

Use the time links in the youtube video description to quickly compare audio tones between freqs with ID Norm on and off.

Excellent Beep! Good to know that only the ID numbers normalize (the visual display of the target) to the 18Khz values when using ID Norm but the audio tone still follows where the target values would fall for the actual frequency in use. Thanks for doing the video.
---Clad

exactly. Well done

Hey man thanks for answering my question I tried it in full tones today in at the same result.

This year running in full tone and trying different freqs. its hard to remember whats what. Mainly go by tone but im going to give Normal ID a try.

I am going to make 4 Full Tone progams all the same but just diff freq.

Today got 2 more Indians

Great to know. - thanks for the video !