Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

ID numbers read 30 points higher on my XP than my mxt????

Fanger

Me and my wife have been using MXT pro detectors for years but recently upgraded to XP Deus two's and love them but I have a question. I noticed instantly that our XP's ID numbers are much higher on targets than the mxt's are on same targets. I did some comparisons and for instance on a three ring bullet the mxt reads around 52 and the xp reads 82 on same bullet. On a eagle button the mxt reads around 30 and the xp is 60, same thing on every target that I compared signals on, about a 30 point differance. Both of our XP's do the same. Why is this big differance???

The machines are simply set up differently. One is multi frequency, one is not. Forget everything you know about the MXT, the Deus2 is NOT that. Target ID ranges can vary wildly from machine to machine, and can be displayed differently. On a CTX a silver dime can read 12-45…a TWO number display. The Deus2 on the same coin is a 92. Just take the good bank of skills you’ve developed using other machines and apply them using the Deus2 and its own target ID scale.
You have made a HUGE jump in technology, the Deus2 is a FABULOUS machine!

It was answered in one of your previous threads. The MXT uses -99 to +99 VIDs, a spread of almost 200. What does your Deus 2 use? A T2 uses up to 40 for iron. An f75 uses 15 for iron. Would you expect them both to give the same numbers? On my Deus, if I do not normalize all VIDs to 18khz, a dime comes in at 75 at 4khz and 91 in 18khz. A nickel 37 at 4khz and 64 at 18khz. There is no universal VID protocol.

I've used a 3Vi for many years. I bought a D2, 2 months ago. Aside from the obvious different numbers, you will see much less separation. The Whites have a wider range (3Vi is a multi frequency), and the D2 has a much tighter spread. I'm used to a screen that shows each frequency band. It's been a "bit" of a challenge not having as much information!

Yes I agree with you all, they are verrry differant machines and Ive got to learn how to use it. It's blowing me away at the targets its finding but I am far from being able to ID without digging it up , but a Ive never been able to posatively identify without digging. It does have a much tighter id than Im used too. I dug about a hundred beaver tail pull tabs that read 62 but several nickels that came in at 60, Im used to a nickel around 30.....

Different Id scales, different programming.
Like saying gmail doesn’t display my email like outlook or yahoo does.
Or my Mac desktop looks different than my PC desktop
They will both do the same thing just display it differently and just have to familiarize yourself with it.

As with everything its only as complicated as you make it 🧐Looked very complicated and intimidating to me but after using and getting used to it its no more complicated than any other detector. Just much lighter 😁

I've used a 3Vi for many years. I bought a D2, 2 months ago. Aside from the obvious different numbers, you will see much less separation. The Whites have a wider range (3Vi is a multi frequency), and the D2 has a much tighter spread. I'm used to a screen that shows each frequency band. It's been a "bit" of a challenge not having as much information!
Is it a vlf with multiple frequencies to choose from or a smf operating many frequencies at the same time. There is a big difference not sure what information the 3vi shows that the d2 doesn’t to say you don’t have as much information?
As far as i know the 3vi operates on 3 frequencies, the Deus II operates on 7 frequencies ranging from 4khz -40khz and 7 customizable hunting programs not to mention all the audio customization including an equalizer to fine tune sounds to your exact liking
If anything the d2 has too much information imo

Yes I agree with you all, they are verrry differant machines and Ive got to learn how to use it. It's blowing me away at the targets its finding but I am far from being able to ID without digging it up , but a Ive never been able to posatively identify without digging. It does have a much tighter id than Im used too. I dug about a hundred beaver tail pull tabs that read 62 but several nickels that came in at 60, Im used to a nickel around 30.....
The thing about discrimination,target id and numbers no matter what detector they are not 100% accurate.
Think about how many good targets you might have missed because it was either masked or just didn’t give the exact number you wanted.
Could have been that $1000 gold ring or extremely rare coin that showed as a pulltab or piece of foil because of whatever conditions. Sometimes( actually all the time ) digging more holes equals more good finds. Digging more is not always a bad thing

A Whites 3Vi has a color screen with 3 separate bars, one for each frequency and each is a different color (assuming you're running all 3 frequencies). If it's a quarter, it's an 83 vdi and the green bar shows the most strength. It's it a bottle cap, it's an 83 vdi and the blue bar shows the most strength. I can also have low tones on the left ear and high tone in the right ear.

On the D2, I only have a number and tones, but more frequencies.

I had to setup a program on the general to my liking I raise the tones up for silver and saved it and have it in 5 tones so now I don't have to change it every time I turn on
Now my Manticore is as easy as can be I like it the way it is tone wise turn it on and noise cancel GB and go.
Mark