Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Idaho PRBs old coin pattern

EZrider

n/t

Thanks EZrider. There were a couple people who asked for this in the E-Trac Classroom and I'll be darned if I could figure out how to get it posted. The program itself has little value, I suppose but it was just annoying not to be able to share it. I put it together after reading about a similar pattern in Andy's book. If you read the book, you will know where to use it. It could really cause you to miss a lot of good stuff if you use it under normal circumstances.

I just taught myself an interesting trick. I was able to directly download a pattern file from this site to the E Trac Emulator and look at it. It's pretty cool. (BTW, I'm using Windows 7)
Here's how:
1. Right mouse click "open" from the Attachments block of the post.
2. Click on "Properties"
3. Highlight and copy the Address/URL ie: "http://www.findmall.com/file.php?63,file=184998,filename=Jeff_s_Old_Coins.ptrn"
4. Start up the E Trac emulator and turn on the E Trac.
5. Click "File" then mouse over "Pattern files" and then click on "Import settings from a .ptrn file"
6. Paste the copied URL (http://www.findmall.com/file.php?63,file=184998,filename=Jeff_s_Old_Coins.ptrn) in the "File name" block and hit "Open"
7. Your computer should download the file and the new pattern should appear on the E Trac.
8. If desired, the pattern can be saved using the E Trac menu and even be exported to a folder and downloaded to your machine if desired.

This procedure will allow you to download, look at, and save any .ptrn file from any site.
I will post this procedure to the E Trac Classroom Forum.

Pete

Can you post a screen shot of the pattern?

Needs the Fe opened up all the way down to about 26 or 27, this will help on deep coins where the FE can be high. The Co needs to be opened up at 39,40,41 or you will not detect Indian head pennies.

BCOOP

You are going to miss a LOT of coins with that setting. There are simply too many variables in the ground. I would love to hunt behind someone using that pattern.

Idaho PRB said:
Thanks EZrider. There were a couple people who asked for this in the E-Trac Classroom and I'll be darned if I could figure out how to get it posted. The program itself has little value, I suppose but it was just annoying not to be able to share it. I put it together after reading about a similar pattern in Andy's book. If you read the book, you will know where to use it. It could really cause you to miss a lot of good stuff if you use it under normal circumstances.[/quote]

Thanks! I'll give it a try soon.

Now that's selective hunting! If I were to use a pattern such as this, it would undergo heavy reconstruction 1st... I would use the middle sized cursor in edit mode and go around each space opening them up all the way around, then I would drop each one down to about fe 27... I like patterns too but WOW...

If you have limited time, targets are not deep, there is no trash, no iron, no mineralization... then I could see this pattern pulling some keepers, but I haven't found THAT site yet...

HH
Dean

I have made some tight patterns as well and they seem to do pretty well. Interestingly enough I am in Idaho as well. Idaho PRB, what part of Idaho do you detect in. I usually hunt around boise and the tight patterns seem to work fine.

Thank You for sharing your program
It gives me alot to think about

I am more than willing to give it a try

How does that expression go,,"if you don't have something nice to say,,,,,,

Thanks again