Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Idea for temporary coil cover?

Dirt Poor

Just wondering...I have a spool of that shrink-wrap stuff for pallet shipping, and figure that for hunting in woods or where there is alot of stubbles to hang the T2 coil on, why not wrap the entire coil a few times with the wrap? The stuff is cheap, and it's easy to put on and remove. I intend to give that a try before my next woods hunt.

Yeah, that would work. Last winter I was out hunting sledding hills and the snow would pile up on the 11"dd and really make it heavy, so I just put one of those white plastic shopping bags over the coil and tied a knot in it around the shaft. It was quick, cheap, and easy...they would not work well in the stickers though.
Mud

It would be nice to have a solid cover for woods hunting.

Well don't laugh, but a Frisbee works great on my 11" G2. It took me shopping around several stores to find one large enough. The old school "Wham-O" brand works great. Just turn it upside down and drill a few holes to zip tie it to the coil. The Wham-O brand has a great curled edge that really skips through bean stubble and brush. Plus any water drains out. Painted my Frisbee with flexible black bedliner paint. It actually looks pretty good for a quick fix.

just another humble opinion

HH,

That is a great idea Jason, I wonder if it would work on that "other brand" 11" coil without adding too much weight. I wonder if it would stil work well if you drilled a whole bunch of 1/4 or 1/8 inch holes in it... small enough to not get hung on stuff but enough to signifantly lighten it but not so many that the strength is compromised. I better get two Frisbees because I will likely ruin one, laff. Speaking of Frisbees.. it reminds me of one of my favorite coffee makers, it is made by a company that makes frisbees and other "air" toys... the coffee maker rivals a 1k espresso maker (really). http://aerobie.com/

Thanks Jason and BTW, yur relic program for that other machine is still my "go to" program when I use it. I could upload it where it belongs if anyone ever asks for it and you no longer have it.

Julien

No additional weight at all! Drill as many holes as you like. The main purpose is to skip off sticks, bean stubble, corn, and cotton stalks. Also used them on some of my tesoro concentric's as well. Works great until FTP gives us a solid one. Glad it struck interest in someone!!
Hh,

Good posts! Still haven't hit any woods yet, but with the killing frosts we've had recently, I'm gonna go within the next few days. There is a wooded hill right beside my workplace that holds quite a few bullets(at least it did). There is alot of scrubby undergrowth amongst the trees, so I'm thinking the T2 will find the deep stuff that other machines have missed, and the ability to hunt spots while swinging the coil higher over some of the ground growth may just give me the edge over the other machines. Not too many people work beside an old Cavalry encampment.:biggrin:

Just read your post about a temporary coil cover.Some of you may find this useful as well.
I used a self adhesive linoleum square left over from a remodel . What I did was, I cut out a template then stuck it to the bottom of my coil seems to work great and really takes a beating. You can buy a single square for a dollar.

Just make sure to let it cure for a day or two at room temperature. Water will not affect the adhesive.

Jmario Delhi, Ca

Ace 250, Gold Stinger, and about five others I'd love to add to my arsenal.

I was just thinking about a piece of polycarbonate but worried a little about dirt gathering. That way I could still see through it and it shouldn't get too torn up since that stuff is pretty tough. I suppose if left open the dirt would just slide out.