Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

identification card

jerseyjim

I was wondering how many of you guys had cards made up to hand to property owners. With your name phone # and or e-mail address. I was thinking about getting some. If you all have them, do you mind sharing what you have on them? I am not sure what to put on mine.

Jim

I had a small run of 50 cards made up...............

Name, phone, and e-mail address ............

Said :

"Digging the past..preserving for the future"

That really hurt my private property detecting. Most wanted to know how much money I made in the business.

Some said no immediately.......... No business was digging their yards up..Some wanted to know how much did I pay in cash for surveying their yard..and what was their cut if a big find was made.

It just was not worth trying to explain it was only a hobby after they received a perceived business card. I threw them away, and just started asking verbally again with much better results.

I once handed a card to a Park Ranger.He immediately threw me out of the park. Said park detecting was for hobby type guys. Not open for business ventures.I couldn't believe it.

I do not remember one time it benefitted my getting permission for any type detecting..

Elton, thats very interesting....especially the Park Ranger's remarks.

A few years ago, had a fleeting micro-second thought on getting some cards printed. Never happened.
In this day and age, why would anyone be giving out their name, Ph. No., email address and other personal info out to strangers!
Might of been harmless just a couple decades ago but today, nope!

Some people are sue happy these days and they'll have your business card.
All they need is a goofy excuse like some dried up plugs and before you know it you'll be paying for re-soding their lawn.
And their lawyer knows exactly where to reach you.

Around 20 years back I once met an older gentleman probably in his late 60's that had some cards made for him. His main heading was "Finder of Lost Items" plus his contact information. Not really sure how they worked out for him but he sure could swing a White's and he made some nice finds while I was around him. Ha!

Hi Elton,

That is something, I never thought anything negative would come from handing someone a card. I didn't even get a chance to hand any of mine out yet. I had some printed out with a picture of me metal detecting and the words unearth history. That was on the front with my e-mail address and name and #. On the back I had custom-made belts and cases printed. I make small leather cases and belt. They spelled custom wrong. It was negative right from the start. I think I might send them back and cancel the order.

Jim