Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

If getting the upgrade

Rob (IL)

There was question about what to send in for the upgrade. You need to send in the box and most people will need to send the WHP.

If you have headphones with a version number of 1.3 then you are good and only need to send in the box. Any before that, need to be sent in. You can see the version number above the battery level in the menus. If you purchased the headphones prior to November, you definitely need to send them in.

My V3 is version 1.3 but the head phones will be version1.1. The V3i will need version 1.3 headphones.

Rob

I talked to Whites yesterday and my understanding was they need the coil too. H.H. Yazoo

Nope, why would they need the coil? Who did you talk to? They aren't making new coils for the V3i. They only need the phones because of the stereo feature. Unless there is some wrong with your coil no need to send it. Rob

Dont know who the feller was but he did say the coil for I wrote it down as he told me what to send in. I just looked at my note too.He said something about the process was that they scrambled something in it and reorganized it to specks with the new set up. This is just what the feller said. I think he was the tech guy.My mind is not as good as it once was and I never was good with names anyway. H.H. Yazoo

If that were the case you would have to send all your coils in. I've not had to send any coils and have use the 6x10, 9.5. 5.3 as well as my extra 10 D2. Rob

Don,t make a chit to me was just telling you what the man told me yesterday. I will call again b4 I send mine.Yazoo

Had mine turned into an "i" on Tuesday at the factory. They needed the control box and the WHP, but not the coil(s.)

Hope that helps.

Mike

How's your decal look? :thumbup: Don't forget to let us know what you find you like. I have my favorites, let us know yours. Rob

OK, what am I doing wrong? I can't find my WHP version number in the menu's.

I don't have my V3 in front of me but it seems like: go to expert menu and then go to the bottom of the list. I think it is called information.

You were exactly correct Larry, good memory. Thank you. This is why I love my V3. You just can't beat this forum or White's and the help that you receive when you have a question. Thanks again.

Correct but dont forget turn your headphones on and enable them on the v3....otherwise the info doesnt show. I guess you already figured that out as I did not until now.

Actually I did not know that, I guess I was just lucky. But that is good info to know and I really appreciate your input. Thanks

Welcome,

I have the upgrade and can confirm that only the software of the v3 and possibly the headphones(if not 1.3) needs to be updated to have the v3i upgrade. There was some diberation and whether or not coils needed to be checked or retuned....in any possible cases of detectors and coils combinations. It appears to be that the coils do not need to be sent in, from a personal visit to whites techs etc @ their Sweet Home headquarters.

So what bugs, or new features or both, does this upgrade address?

I guess the information differs from who you talk to.

I was informed to send the control box, loop (coil?) but, not the headphones. I sent them anyway just on case.

No bugs fixed, this is the upgrade to the International version of the V3 with some new features. Here is a link:

http://www.findmall.com/read.php?66,1199930

The loop is optional.......if you suspect it is defective, by all means send it in and get it checked out, but not needed for the upgrade. The headphones is a must if you don't have ver. 1.3 in the headphones.

People are getting the upgrade now but I would call first to get an idea on turn-around time. Other service centers around the country will be able to do the upgrade soon as well.