Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

If it was me making it

wildherre

I would make the new probe work with the wireless thingy and have a mounting bracket for the probe somwhere on the 3030....How about a set of headphones that the wirless thingy would snap into & make everything one nice little package...:detecting:

Sounds good to me!----I was wondering what we are going to do about a probe on this machine.----Looks like the Sunray in-lines are going to be "history" as far as the CTX is concerned.---Even if there was a Sunray for it, the weight (on the package) would be kicked up into the prohibitive area.
wildherre said:
I would make the new probe work with the wireless thingy and have a mounting bracket for the probe somwhere on the 3030....How about a set of headphones that the wirless thingy would snap into & make everything one nice little package...:detecting:

Now THAT'S a GREAT idea! If that new Minelab hand held pinpointer that comes out has a built in wireless transmitter to talk to this machine's wireless headphones then that's a big winner of an idea! I really like that. As it stands right now with my ProPointer, which I love, I like to slide one headphone off one ear a bit so I can more easily hear the ProPointer when pinpointing targets.

Not a big issue, and still far less hassle than the Sunray Probe on my Explorers were I had to use two hands to snap/unsnap it from the shaft, throw the switch, and all that jazz. I also didn't care for the extra weight, wires, and mess using those. Ended up getting my shafts really muddy using two hands to snap/unsnap the thing from the detector too.

But either way, I can use my left hand to get, use, and put back my ProPointer while digging with my right hand, so it's a real no-hassle pinpointer to use and works well...But being able to hear a WIRELSS pinpointer through the headphones would be a killer idea, as there would be no need to move one headphone off my ear to hear what it's doing better. That's part of the thing I didn't like about the Sunrays, too many wires going everywhere.

If Minelab thought about that for thier new pinpointer then they are really thinking, because you could still use that thing with other detectors of course and just rely on the sound the pinpointer makes on it's own. Hey, maybe that's why they are tardy with the release of the new pinpointer...They were waiting for the new machine to come out and didn't want people finding out about it by reading the pinpointer's manual?

Saw an advertisement for it along with pictures. Looks similar to the Pro Pointer and says it is water resistant.

BCOOP

7171987772_d6e1402c9e_b.jpg

From what I heard, the wireless component is from the processor to the headphone and carried porcessed data. The pinpointer would be several hundred dollars if it has wireless included. Some dealers are packaging the detectors with a different mfg pinpointer. I wish they would throw in the Minelab pointer. Anycase... back to the old days of doing recovery. Also, a waterproof pinpointer woiuld be nice. HH, Mike