Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

If you could beach hunt anywhere?

jspoon

If you could beach hunt anywhere in the world for the best gold where would you go?
HH

sins most of the gold goes to Asian contries i would go there .... i remember ther was a guy here from Tokyo and the rings he was posting were crazy nice

The Asiatic beaches would be good locations.
They tend to use more 22 k gold jewlery.
Not the compition that there 's in North America.

A popular beach that has never been touched by a detector, no matter where it is.

Hang with Hamid in Morocco, he hunt shallow and kills the gold..just wonder if the deep is a gold mine.....

I would like to spend 6 months in the carribian just island hopping from place to place......Plus having great Rum to drink is a necessity too !!! LOL..

Mark ( ohio )

Just one uninterrupted year...all expenses paid, traveling wherever the gold is by season..Philipines, Australia, Med, Carib, Asia, India,...
Island hopping, hitting the northern sites in the summer, and the southern ones in winter..utilizing all skills and tools of the sport, travelling light, experiencing it all! And when you find that Shangri-la, that hidden spot, just staying there for a spell...
Mud

I'll carry your bag mud, that would be a trip of a life time :) I've heard tales of beaches with the sand taken off them, and 2 guys finding 600 gold rings in 4 weeks. Another trip a guy found 40 gold rings in 5 days. If its not been done much, and its a popular beach that's had it's sand sucked away, you could be on a gold mine, anywhere in the world! Right time right place is what matters.....

Yep, you'd essentially have to be a storm/low tide chaser. Rolling it right after it takes 10' of sand off a beach...being ready to live without any infrastructure for a few days, and then getting out of there and following the storms around the Planet. Working standard areas after big events like Spring Break, Summer Raft ups, etc. Heck, you almost need somebody with a base camp computer plotting the storms and events and lining up the travel situation for you. You may even need a stash of gear and equipment waiting for you at locations, so you can just fly in, get your gear out of a storage locker, hop in a cab, get down to the beach, and sweep like mad! Thinking of the Winter storms that hit Chicago, when Chicago Ron and his boys clean up gold for a few days out of the year...Or Scubadee's Lake St Claire raft up...theres thousands of those going on in every lake in just this Country alone every summer! You might only get a 12 hr window when the tide is low and the sand is gone at certain beaches before you gotta jump! Its certainly possible with the modern technology and communications we have now..a good base camp director would keep travel time to a minimum, sweep time to a maximum, and always have PlanB and PlanC ready to go. Not to mention having your gear shipped around the world from one place to the next, waiting on you to arrive..Fun to think about!
Mud

I recon a summer trip around the med, wading all the tourist beaches early and at the end of the day, living in a decent camper van. Spear fishing, and living off the euros you find, saving the gold up till the end of the summer.

How about the Ganges? Indians are insane crazy over gold.
But make sure your shots are up to date!

Water wizard said:
I recon a summer trip around the med, wading all the tourist beaches early and at the end of the day, living in a decent camper van. Spear fishing, and living off the euros you find, saving the gold up till the end of the summer.

Awesome wader mike! That's a good hours work! I'm looking at a trip to mallorca on the 5th of march for a week, then I'm suck in Devon till November because of work commitments, till November if you can find the article I'll to read it. I've just old a 30 foot motor home I was living in last year after my wife and I split up. It was great, but to big to drive around. I would fit out a van, vw t4 long wheelbase kinda size. What van you got? You ever come down to devon? Prk at my place anytime, 2 mins from the beach at westward ho.......

Florida Keys....not a bad place to water hunt.and don't forget the women its an all fun time.I know we're not to old to still think about the women that sit on the beaches we hunt...

LS hunter said:
Florida Keys....not a bad place to water hunt.and don't forget the women its an all fun time.I know we're not to old to still think about the women that sit on the beaches we hunt...
My kind of thinking :crazy:
Water wizard said:
Awesome wader mike! That's a good hours work! I'm looking at a trip to mallorca on the 5th of march for a week, then I'm suck in Devon till November because of work commitments, till November if you can find the article I'll to read it. I've just old a 30 foot motor home I was living in last year after my wife and I split up. It was great, but to big to drive around. I would fit out a van, vw t4 long wheelbase kinda size. What van you got? You ever come down to devon? Prk at my place anytime, 2 mins from the beach at westward ho.......
Its a vwt4 but only a swb lol, a bigger van would be cooler, but its a trade off between living space and driveability/parking as youve found out!
Not been down Devon for ages, never found any gold down there, found more on the east coast, you must have it all:laugh:.

Probably just hit the National Seashore on Cape Cod. Lots of offshore wrecks and tons of "depositors" vacationing there every year!

Ha ha! I've only found 1 gold ring and a gold necklace for a family on the beach in Decon. Thereis are 2 old abandoned gold mines near me though, I was going to check them out... North molton and coombe martin.. It's hard on the beach here, such massive tides. Where are you in the uk waderM?

Water wizard said:
Ha ha! I've only found 1 gold ring and a gold necklace for a family on the beach in Decon. Thereis are 2 old abandoned gold mines near me though, I was going to check them out... North molton and coombe martin.. It's hard on the beach here, such massive tides. Where are you in the uk waderM?

I've done a bit of goldpanning in Scotland, but have yet to get any cornish gold :cry:
I,m stuck in Derbyshire, not exactly known for its beeches lol :rofl:
its a two hour+ drive to the coast east or west, so I plan carefully after looking at the tides weather etc , its nice just to swing a coil on the beach wether I find anything or not though :detecting:

getting back on topic for a moment, there must be some well visited beaches, with plenty of losses that have never been searched, for whatever reason, currents, rocks etc, still out there...now if I could find one of those and a method of searching it, that would be cool :wave:

not heard of any gold mines in Devon :shrug: Combe Martin has silver mine workings/tunnels ?

MassSandyman said:
Probably just hit the National Seashore on Cape Cod. Lots of offshore wrecks and tons of "depositors" vacationing there every year!
I was born and raised on the Cape and since moved west (unfortunately)... I've been told they will take your detector, one guy got his confiscated and then later the park ranger was seen using it on the beach, it's a national park, no MDing. There are many smaller tightly packed better beaches to hunt, check google earth.