Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

iFinder question????

Ky-Wildcat

I had some very important locations marked with icons on my iFinder. Now they aren't there. The trails are still there but the areas I marked are gone!......anyone know how I can get them back? I never deleted any of them. They were there a week ago.....help!

--Allan--

Do you have any mapping software (Lowrance or others) that can read iFinder files? If so, save your data (all) on the receiver, to the card and open the data file with that mapping software - they may be easier to find there.
Short of that, if they dissapeared... well, you must've accidentally deleted them. The trails can be changed, removed, lost if they are overwritten - once you hit the limit for points in the trail record, it starts to overwrite the trail from the beginning but, Events (Icons) and Waypoints can be only removed by deleting or individually editing them. Even if you load new data file into the unit, all of the existing waypoints are preserved - new ones are just appended.
HTH

I don't have any mapping software yet, and I don't have a data card for it either. So I guess until I get extra $$, I guess I'm screwed. I know I didn't delete them so they must still be there....somewhere. I have about 50 waypoints saved on it. Thanks for the reply.

--Allan--

For just saving your data, even a very small card will suffice. Any run of the mill SD card will do. You can get it at any electronics / or camera store or even Walmart. You should get on ASAP just so you can back-up the data from the receiver onto the card. For now, you can keep that backup just on the card. iFinder lets you name the files individually so, you can have a number of backup files on the same card. Again, these files are very small so, a small card does the job well. It's when you get into loading maps to the receiver when you require a larger card. Having such backup saves you from situations like the one you gives you peace of mind - if you accidentally delete points or tracks, you can easily restore them without even using a computer.

To transfer from the card to the computer, you will also need a card reader.

You can get some free software that will read USR (Lowrance) files.

Cheers,