Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

I'll bet someone had a sinking feeling.....

BigCatDaddy

when this bad boy went down!!

[attachment 273807 0_westboat.jpg]
This was near the spot I picked to hunt and take myself to the brink of heat exhaustion. I got a late start this morning as I couldn't decide which way to go to look for some good treasure and by the time I hit the exposed lakebed, it was already beginning to heat up. It didn't take long for the sweat to start pouring...and pouring...and pouring!! I had to take a few extra water and sports drink breaks to stay in the game. Was it worth it?? I did manage a good many coins and one nice little silver band. It was about 3" down and had been there for a good many years as it had some serious oxidation on it. Here's the total take for the day!! Sorry for the crappy pic, all I had was a 200mm lens with me, not so great for a closeup.
[attachment 273808 0_westloot.jpg]

And the little silver band after a little Tarn-X bath and a little polishing...
[attachment 273809 0_westring.jpg]

I'l sure be glad when this heat abates a little, hopefully reduced by some nice RAIN!! While the rest of the country is being inundated with too much rain, we've got nothing, nada,zero,zilch...whazzup with that??

Nice ring! I found one like that in the water earlier in the summer. Wedding band (for broke people like me?)

aj

Well you made out well. Ya got a nice keeper an your equipment didn't fail... Unlike that boat owner.

Thats a heavy days work there BCD! Nice finds and the ring is sweet. First rule of boats...check the drain plug!:rofl:
Mud

Well done, BCD! Glad you got some silver and stayed hydrated. Hope your weather pattern breaks soon - we must be getting your rain - it's been raining every day lately.. Man, that would suck if your boat sank - that's why Tigger stays on dry land.

Good score on the ring, BCD. I feel your pain on the no rain and the heat. Here south of K.C. It's been upper 90's to 100's for the last week, with only one rain shower in the past 3 weeks. Ground is getting like concrete