Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

I'll Have to Go Too XP Deus2 School for a Semester

Steve O

Holy complex Batman! Got the D2 yesterday. What was I thinking? By the time I master it, I'll be too old to detect. Ha! I'm being dramatic a wee bit. . . I'll figure it out. My most complicated detector was the F-75, the simplest/easiest is the CZ. . . midway is the Tarsacci. I'll study the manual over and over, something will stick. The manual isn't overly explanatory. . . .I think there was a contest on who could write the manual with the least amount of words, wins.
I ordered the 9" coil and got it. Do I have to sync the coil and the headphones? The detector is working, so I guess it is.

With 14 Factory programs....What could go wrong....;)
Pick one at a time according to you whim and see what they do

Attachments

• Pg - 1.pdf
    54.8 KB · Views: 84
Holy complex Batman! Got the D2 yesterday. What was I thinking? By the time I master it, I'll be too old to detect. Ha! I'm being dramatic a wee bit. . . I'll figure it out. My most complicated detector was the F-75, the simplest/easiest is the CZ. . . midway is the Tarsacci. I'll study the manual over and over, something will stick. The manual isn't overly explanatory. . . .I think there was a contest on who could write the manual with the least amount of words, wins.
I ordered the 9" coil and got it. Do I have to sync the coil and the headphones? The detector is working, so I guess it is.
It will seem so simple in just a short period of time.
Yes the factory programs work, but they are weak in my opinion. Watch a few videos on navigating the settings. If you want more depth just decrease the reactivity to 1 and increase the sensitivity to what your site will allow.
IMO Deep HC gives the best audio response and most accurate ID on deeper HC coins.

First forget the factory manuels and order Andy's book. Most of them are sorely lacking although Mackro's are pretty good. SMR machines tend to be better turn on an go once you learn them but few have more than about 8 factory programs, thats a lot. Might want to just learn learn your settings then 1 program for what you do the most and expand from there.

Thanks Deus users. The more I read from you folks the more comfortable I get. I'll be getting out soon. I can't wander too far, my daughter is about to give birth to her 3rd any day now and she's having it at her home with a mid wife, in a pool!!!.. .scary and exciting at the same time. I'll be watching the other two kids, 4yo and 3yo. My daughter doesn't take ant pain relief either, brave gal.
One more thing. . . did someone mention how the tether was mounted a few weeks ago?
And, little black short chord came with the package. It has a small USB on one end & a larger USB on the other. It's not on parts list nor do I see it in any of the manuals pages.
Thanks again! I'll be back with more ????, I'm sure.

It can seem a little daunting at first…any new machine. I started with a knobby Whites IDX and then straight to an Explorer2. That was a bit of a system shock. Then a CTX. Talk about adjustments! Most recently within the last month, a Deus1. Surprisingly, I don’t find it complex, as long as you have a feel for your way around the remote. I would suggest just sitting back in a Lazy Boy while all that family stuff is going on and exploring the remote. Books are good for ALOT of things, but until YOU understand it by DOING, you can’t fully understand it. Just know that UNLESS YOU PURPOSELY SAVE A PROGRAM…you CANNOT ”screw anything up” by pressing buttons that can’t be immediately returned to factory by simply shutting it off. So press away, venture around the remote, dare yourself. I’m sure you realize that a lot of adjustments are the same as some other machines with different terminology, you’ll figure out what’s what.
As a side note, from the factory, the remote and coil are paired. When using the remote AND headphones, the remote takes control and the phones are a slave. When no remote is present, the phones are the master.