Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

I'm Back!

No, I had not seen that device before. The prototype is obviously using the Aquapulse housing but the electronics would be totally different. I believe it is a fluxgate magnetometer but without circuit information we are stuck.

Eric.

Great picture. My coil has gone yellow and the shaft has a bend in it (strong currents?) but I bet it could still work.

I also have a White's TDI and a Jimmy Sierra T- foot coil (18" x 5") and I'm getting a Minelab 18" mono coil for the GPX series to use on it. Any guess what kind of depth increase I can get say on a US nickle? Salt water beach detecting on the Treasure coast of Florida 1715 fleet. Another couple of inches can make a difference.

ROBOCOP

Good news!
Guess there's still too much creatively alive to share.
Remember you mentioning, you thought about maybe offering to design a kit for us do it yourselfers?

Looking forward any of your guidance and advice.
I have two of your detectors. A Deepstar 1 and a Goldscan 5c.
Thanks for creating these and the so many other great detectors and other products over the years.:beers:

david di

Hi Terry.
It would be nice if I could find the time, and it's just a hobby now as I have no room for production. I have a water detector project in hand but completion is far off.

Eric.

Hi Robocop

I'll be heading down your way very shortly. End of September/October. Although it wont be to metal detect. I needed to set that aside, body has too many worn parts.

Looking to purchase a house there, so I can escape the winter weather up here where I live. It's time to make the move. LOL

Mr. Bill

Mr. Bill,

You may like the Sebastian area. Reasonable housing, quiet area in the summer time, not too hectic in the winter time. Get a lightweight detector. Life is good.

ROBOCOP

Bill is still a administrator......and a darn good one...

I have good news. That Aquapulse Mag prototype that I talked about above has been repaired by Capt Greg Bounds of the 1715 fleet. Greg taught himself how to work on these mags and builds some of his own circuit boards. Greg found 2 bad diodes on the main board and opened up the PVC probe and restabilized the sensors with coil tape and silicon. It now works on 4 separate frequencies controlled by the switch. I was told by experts that without specs it couldn't be repaired. Greg works on these as a hobby. Just want to share the good news.

ROBOCOP

Special invite to Eric Foster and Bill Crabtree if you are in the Sebastian, Florida area on Saturday April 29th come to the Treasure Hunter's Barbecue at the Pennwood Motor Lodge on US 1. The 1715 Fleet, divers, salvagers, beach hunters will be there.
Usually Kellyco is there. Taffi Fisher, Mel Fisher's daughter is running the event this year. Good times.

Bring your detector!

ROBOCOP

Very happy to see you back in action. To me, the PI is the way to go. Hope you can share and get more involved in any developments that might come.
Best Wishes.

My wish list has not changed, a true PI with good iron discrimination.

Eric released 30 years ago PI with iron disc. this is PPD1 board and very famous as William Lahr's schematic.

good luck