Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

I'm back !!!

LS hunter

After a few years of not detecting I was on line looking editing software for my YouTube channel and out of know where pops up an ad for minelab,, I literally stop doing what I was supposed to be doing jumped right into the ad. At 1st I felt like gotcha soccer but truth be told I'm glad it did, ,now I have to figure out what detector to go with..This most likely will be my last detector I'm 50 years old so I'm going all out..Any Suggestions???I have used Garrett,, Whites And minelab..thx...Good to be back. Is my old friend Richard at Backwoods still around?? Thx guys.😃

After a few years of not detecting I was on line looking editing software for my YouTube channel and out of know where pops up an ad for minelab,, I literally stop doing what I was supposed to be doing jumped right into the ad. At 1st I felt like gotcha soccer but truth be told I'm glad it did, ,now I have to figure out what detector to go with..This most likely will be my last detector I'm 50 years old so I'm going all out..Any Suggestions???I have used Garrett,, Whites And minelab..thx...Good to be back. Is my old friend Richard at Backwoods still around?? Thx guys.😃
Yes he is. And he's still an honest man and a great dealer to do business with. I bought my Minela b Safari from Richard a few years ago. Hit him up, and Welcome back and best of luck to you with your detector selection.

Good to see you back. I bought the Minelab equinox 800 and I really like it. But there are so many good ones out there now. The notka simplex impresses me a lot. I haven’t been around to many garret metal detectors. So I can’t vouch for them. What is your YouTube channel?

Currently the Minelab Equinox 800 appears to be the newest hot detector. I haven't tried one yet as me ole F 75 LTD continues to treat me quite well. The Nox, though, has a lot going for it, so many say, so will probably be my next try just to try something different. I remember you LS Hunter, welcome back. HH Jim tn

Yes he is. And he's still an honest man and a great dealer to do business with. I bought my Minela b Safari from Richard a few years ago. Hit him up, and Welcome back and best of luck to you with your detector selection.
Thank you.

Currently the Minelab Equinox 800 appears to be the newest hot detector. I haven't tried one yet as me ole F 75 LTD continues to treat me quite well. The Nox, though, has a lot going for it, so many say, so will probably be my next try just to try something different. I remember you LS Hunter, welcome back. HH Jim tn
Yep I'm back for sure...I seen a detector and have been looking at reviews it's the Tascci MDT 8000 ..Most of the reviews I've seen are on the beach and in the water tho, I'm looking for land and water not sure if it's proformance is as good on dry land as it is in the water..??

I've been following the MDT 8000 now for quite a while and a few relic hunters are beginning to use it more and more. Particularly, if their ground is above average mineralization. HH Jim tn

Reactions: tvr
I've been following the MDT 8000 now for quite a while and a few relic hunters are beginning to use it more and more. Particularly, if their ground is above average mineralization. HH Jim tn
Jim tn, I noticed that you posted that you use the Fisher F75ltd. How do you like this detector? I have thought about one for awhile, but the only way I could try one would be to sell my very nice Whites MXT Pro to cover the cost. I don't know if it would be worth the risk in my case. I am mainly a Relic Hunter. As one who is familiar with the F75, what would your thoughts be? I had a Fisher 1265 some years ago, I liked it but to be honest, I never had a chance to use the 1265 as much as some of the other detectors I've had. I know that the F75 is a more newer technology than the 1265 was. What type of hunting do you mostly do with the F75? Any comments would be most appreciated. HH, Confetrit

LS, you're still very young. I just turned 84 and try to get out every day that's nice weather. Been detecting for almost 48 years. This is not bragging, just fact. I still have a decent body and a half decent mind. I know a lot of people have health issues but detecting seems to help keep my mind and body ticking. I guess I have been truly blessed but remember what Churchill said "never ever give up" or something to that effect. Keep your mind and body active but always keep thinking of that next detector you want to buy. Oh yes, Richard at Backwoods is still the best. He will go "beyond the call of duty" to help you.

Richard is top shelf all the way..I have purchased 3 detectors from him and each sale was awesome no problems what so ever..im use to the old forum layout tho..It's a little hard to find navigate!! For me that is..

I've been detecting for more than 45 years and have used almost every popular brand out there. (not that, that means anything). I'm not a brand loyalist but have always tried to find the best "all Around" detector. I have a number of past and current detectors because I've never found one detector that is tops in all the different types of detecting I like to do. In my search, I have found what I consider to be the best "All Around " detector that I've ever used. My choice is the Minelab Equinox 800, deep, light weight, waterproof (most of them), and about all the extra features anyone can use. Nokta/Makro have some excellent detectors in the Impact, Kruzer, and Anfibio, and for tighter budgets, the Simplex is excellent also. XP has the Deus and ORX which are both outstanding in iron infest sites, so there's lots to choose from but for me it's the Nox 800 (even though I have or have had all mentioned).

I just got a Tarsacci 800 couple weeks ago. Using it in mild salt , wet sand beaches. If you watch all the videos it's fairly easy to learn. I'll say this I've dug some really deep targets, 3 modes of tones to pick from. Going to be hunting it starting in March in mild dirt. Made in the USA Another machine, analog a deep one is the Deep Tech Vista X. Sold by Richard, check him out.