Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

I'M DONE!!!!

Danbythecreek

if I didn't reach down in desperation and pick up this shiny fresh dropped zincoln, today would have been the worst day since my 1st day metal detecting
IMG_20210727_074414.jpg

You aren’t alone. I have had many days like this. The thrill is in the hunt. Good days are coming to you.

Bright side, the zincoln is bankable!!! Like advised above there are days you are the bug and then some days you are the windshield. I’ve had sub $1 days for 3-4 hrs of swinging and somedays of near $10. Patients grasshopper.

we all started having days like that.. some continue... I have been doing this for over 20 years now... I have seen many come, and many go... it's not all silver and gold like the youtube videos and most posts on MD forums... it's ALOT of research, coil to the soil, and digging trash to find what we are looking for. here is my trash box just from this past week... yes... one week... 99% of the items are aluminum, brass, and copper... with the occasional rusty nail.... those all hit in the sweet zone... if you don't dig them you will never find what your looking for.
I have found more gold with my Ace 250 than with my Minelab E-trac... and that's a fact! dig all good repeatable signals... if you get a good signal turn 180 and if it's still there dig... a few times it will be a bottle cap or twist top... then the good stuff comes....
M3DvVa4.jpg

yyMgAgI.jpg

I remember a day like that many years ago while using an XLT with some cheap headphones.
At some point I realized only one side of headphones was steady with signal and even then...
Some home soldering and back to same baseball park --- several dollars in change and a nice silver ring.
The next cash flow; I purchased new Black Widows.
Bang! Too many finds after that for my bad back. :)

HH

If you are a serious detectorist it’s happened.
I have good hunts and bad hunts.
If it was a slam dunk every time everyone would do it.

I have always enjoyed the hunt just as much as the finds. I have met soooo many nice people and gotten tons of fun and exercise doing this hobby. Great finds are just the icing on the cake. 😀

if I didn't reach down in desperation and pick up this shiny fresh dropped zincoln, today would have been the worst day since my 1st day metal detectingView attachment 17604
I've had MANY days of being skunked! Not even ONE civil war bullet or relic. All part of the hobby...at least for me. I keep on hunting! 😆

we all started having days like that.. some continue... I have been doing this for over 20 years now... I have seen many come, and many go... it's not all silver and gold like the youtube videos and most posts on MD forums... it's ALOT of research, coil to the soil, and digging trash to find what we are looking for. here is my trash box just from this past week... yes... one week... 99% of the items are aluminum, brass, and copper... with the occasional rusty nail.... those all hit in the sweet zone... if you don't dig them you will never find what your looking for.
I have found more gold with my Ace 250 than with my Minelab E-trac... and that's a fact! dig all good repeatable signals... if you get a good signal turn 180 and if it's still there dig... a few times it will be a bottle cap or twist top... then the good stuff comes....
M3DvVa4.jpg

yyMgAgI.jpg
Instead of banning MDer's from detecting parks & ETC, they should welcome & pay the good guys & gals for cleaning up the trash & getting rid of it by selling the metals are disposing with the Trash haulers & then they dispose of it in the town or city DUMPS! Put those who mess up everything should be sentenced into doing Community work --Far better work learning ethics than jail time--where they learn how to do BIGGER CRIMES! Ma

And some days you make that little change in direction and make a great find and say wow !!!if I did not make that move I would have missed that great find!
Mark