Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

I'm in Love

I think I'm in Love, with the new Equinox. Got it yesterday, 1st time out with it tonight to a spot I have pounded more than a dozen times &
scored my 2nd Barber Quarter ever, was in with several pieces of iron.
Was running Park 2, Iron Bias 2, Sens 23

Really nice find and in great shape! I just got mine today! I buried a 1970 lincoln cent down 8-9" and had a good signal up to 4" above the ground.

Better look at the back and make sure it’s not an S mint mark....if it is,you’re gonna REALLY be in love.

Nice one MM !! Not to bad to learn coming from a Safari, Your gonna love the separation and depth on the Equinox.
Laplander

Foreverteachable said:
Really nice find and in great shape! I just got mine today! I buried a 1970 lincoln cent down 8-9" and had a good signal up to 4" above the ground.

I would have to see that for myself. In sand,perhaps. Regular park turf? 12-13” on a smaller copper would really be something quite magical.

IDXMonster said:

I would have to see that for myself. In sand,perhaps. Regular park turf? 12-13” on a smaller copper would really be something quite magical.

It's a mystery to me how some get depths like that......i've never got such depths with anything i've ever tested.......but there again i've never used the equinox!
Also,you can pound an area to death.....seemingly......but you can still miss stuff.I pounded an area to death once in a particular field......i detected a certain patch over and over again until it was empty.I arrived at the field one day,switched on my detector and as i walked over this particular patch to get to another area of the field,casually swinging my machine,i got a cracking signal......up came a great find with the same detector i had used to "pound the area to death".It's so easy to miss a small coin in an area,no matter how many times you go over it.

laplander said:
Nice one MM !! Not to bad to learn coming from a Safari, Your gonna love the separation and depth on the Equinox.
Laplander

This signal was bouncy because the iron was so close, swithced to All Metal & could hear the iron all around it.

I know for a fact I've hit this particular spot with the Safari several times its right next to a small tree.

and as far as the guy who said you can go to a spot dozens of times & still miss stuff, yeah I know that 1st hand I've been there done that.
I never say a spot is hunted out. When people tell me that I take that as a challenge to go find something & I usually do, just need to work it slow
to find stuff others missed

But this Nox is a whole beast compared to my Safari, not knocking the Safari I love it, it's been real good to me. but the recovery speed
of the NOX is unreal.

No Mint mark

Air gap above ground for a buried coin is an interesting comparison to make, but no way can you expect that a 4” air gap means the you can add 4” to the in-soil depth of the detected coin.

lytle78 said:
Air gap above ground for a buried coin is an interesting comparison to make, but no way can you expect that a 4” air gap means the you can add 4” to the in-soil depth of the detected coin.

My explorer se would'nt match that performance on a cent.......and minelab still say that fbs and bbs machines are the best for depth.You are correct about the air gap......its easier to detect in air than in soil.

Talking about worked out sites , i know some people say a site is never fully worked out. In trashy area's maybe so. I have been on more than 1 site though that are totally and i mean 100% completely worked out.
Gold Coins worth thousands have come off this one particular field here in the UK . These coins were found 20+ years ago , since then hundreds of club members have for years picked every single piece of metal out of the ground on this site. They have actually removed every metal target out of the ground including all the ferrous junk. The field has ZERO Metal in it. You could use a Pulse Induction detector easily on this site. Does that mean there is nothing left on the field , well the answer is buy a JCB and dig a few feet of dirt off and see.

goldenpulltab said:
Talking about worked out sites , i know some people say a site is never fully worked out. In trashy area's maybe so. I have been on more than 1 site though that are totally and i mean 100% completely worked out.
Gold Coins worth thousands have come off this one particular field here in the UK . These coins were found 20+ years ago , since then hundreds of club members have for years picked every single piece of metal out of the ground on this site. They have actually removed every metal target out of the ground including all the ferrous junk. The field has ZERO Metal in it. You could use a Pulse Induction detector easily on this site. Does that mean there is nothing left on the field , well the answer is buy a JCB and dig a few feet of dirt off and see.

Here's a very interesting Article by Tom Dankowski about a similar effort to remove all metal from an area and then hunt it -- with amazing results.

Not a lot of silver finds in my area, but revisiting very public worked to death areas I have recovered 5 silvers in the last two weeks. Never had that in a month. I've been playing a bit with Park 2 and it seems to like silver better than P 1 (and that was not bad). In case anyone is interested that was three Rosies, a '45 Merc and a quarter sized St. Christopher stamped sterling.