Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

I'm really liking my GPX

Digger70pa

I found these the last few times out with my GPX. Really powerful detector. I'm getting the hang of it. I've been adding coils to use. All DD's. I used a 15" spiral ultimate coil yesterday. I really had to back the gain down to smooth it out. It found bullets deep even at a gain of 6. As deep as anything I've ever used. HH

Some very good feedback on this machine,have finally decided that i am also adding one as well,its taken a fair amount of time doing all my homework,but withing the next month to 6 weeks i will also have one,wont part with my TDI Pro,just adding the GPX,also will be able too use some of my existing coils that i have anyway.

stephenscool said:
How does it compare to the tdi depth wise?
Nice haul you got yesterday. Congrats
Thanks buddy. Its deeper than the TDI & it discriminates down to about 8"-10".

Mega said:
Some very good feedback on this machine,have finally decided that i am also adding one as well,its taken a fair amount of time doing all my homework,but withing the next month to 6 weeks i will also have one,wont part with my TDI Pro,just adding the GPX,also will be able too use some of my existing coils that i have anyway.
I sold my TDI when I found how good this machine is. Deep & discriminates iron. It's heavy though. I liked the TDI because it's kind of light.

doc holiday232 said:
Please don't excite me any more----I will have to make 250 mile round trip--------luv those minnies!!!!
Thanks buddy lol.

Terrific finds, GPX loves lead even the tinest piece's of 22 will surface.

You'll eventually find the GPX will be your main relic detector, top end VLF are toys then hunting tough soil even soil with low mineralization effect's VLF.

I was like you, trying different DD coils but as heavy as the GPX is had to stay with the stock 11" DD. If I can find something in between an 11" DD and 15" Spiral that is lightweight, I'll get one.

You're on a roll, keep up the good work.

Congratulations!
Paul

Old California said:
Terrific finds, GPX loves lead even the tinest piece's of 22 will surface.

You'll eventually find the GPX will be your main relic detector, top end VLF are toys then hunting tough soil even soil with low mineralization effect's VLF.

I was like you, trying different DD coils but as heavy as the GPX is had to stay with the stock 11" DD. If I can find something in between an 11" DD and 15" Spiral that is lightweight, I'll get one.

You're on a roll, keep up the good work.

Congratulations!
Paul
You're right about the weight. I've been using the factory 11" DD coil & it's doing well. Thanks

I had an F75 ltd and I went to this worn out battlefield 3 times in a row and only found a round ball. I got the 4500 GPX and found 11 twice in a row. I've not used a VLF detector since. Today was kind of like that when I switched to the 15" Detech Ultimate coil and went over a small area I'd hunted with the 11" coil and in 30 minutes I killed it! It weighs a TON so I used a swingy thingy and a harness and it helped tremendously.

Hello Soky. What kind of battery set-up do you use. I have one of those coils ordered and I am worried about the weight. I still use the stock battery with the Minelab harness and 11" coil. Not that bad now. With the 15" spiral will it be a lot heavier? Thanks......

cookie58 said:
Hello Soky. What kind of battery set-up do you use. I have one of those coils ordered and I am worried about the weight. I still use the stock battery with the Minelab harness and 11" coil. Not that bad now. With the 15" spiral will it be a lot heavier? Thanks......
It's a lot heavier. I've only used my 15" coil once. I got a hipstick. I haven't used it yet.

soky72 said:
I had an F75 ltd and I went to this worn out battlefield 3 times in a row and only found a round ball. I got the 4500 GPX and found 11 twice in a row. I've not used a VLF detector since. Today was kind of like that when I switched to the 15" Detech Ultimate coil and went over a small area I'd hunted with the 11" coil and in 30 minutes I killed it! It weighs a TON so I used a swingy thingy and a harness and it helped tremendously.
Cool.

I run a stock battery on the side of the GPX, can't stand to be tethered. The setup with the 15" coil weighs a ton. I got a H-harness, military or tactical style you can get pretty cheap online and I have a swingy-thingy attached to the detector. It really works well for me. I'm actually going to do a custom battery setup along with a carbon fiber upper shaft to save a little weight. I'm loving the finds with the 15" but still may try the 12x15.

soky72 said:
I run a stock battery on the side of the GPX, can't stand to be tethered. The setup with the 15" coil weighs a ton. I got a H-harness, military or tactical style you can get pretty cheap online and I have a swingy-thingy attached to the detector. It really works well for me. I'm actually going to do a custom battery setup along with a carbon fiber upper shaft to save a little weight. I'm loving the finds with the 15" but still may try the 12x15.
I have the 15"/12" SEF coil. It gets caught on stuff easy. It has about the same depth as the 11"DD coil but has more coverage.

My finds from Friday. I didn't get out as much as I would have liked this weekend. Getting ready for the JGD hunt this coming weekend. HH

I finally sold my 15" Spiral coil.......loved the performance but the weight was starting to wear me down as I hunt for long periods of time.
I have just ordered the Detech 12.5 DD which is only slightly heavier than the stock 11" DD but 300 grams lighter than the 15" spiral !
I have been informed that the 12.5DD can be set hotter than the Spiral 15" DD so depth across most targets will be close.
I will report back later this week when I get to try it out and compare with my results that I recorded from the 15" Spiral DD.

HH
Tony

Tony said:
I finally sold my 15" Spiral coil.......loved the performance but the weight was starting to wear me down as I hunt for long periods of time.
I have just ordered the Detech 12.5 DD which is only slightly heavier than the stock 11" DD but 300 grams lighter than the 15" spiral !
I have been informed that the 12.5DD can be set hotter than the Spiral 15" DD so depth across most targets will be close.
I will report back later this week when I get to try it out and compare with my results that I recorded from the 15" Spiral DD.

HH
Tony
Cool thanks for the info. I see Detech has a 14" round DD coil also. Man If I keep buying coils i'm going to be coil poor lol. I get tired with just using the stock 11" DD coil. I tried a 14" AI coil yesterday. Anyone with any experience can chime in. Every target had a double response. I coildn't use the stock coil because of electric fences.