Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

I'm sick of the negativity about forums !

From my metal detecting buddy's that most of them don't even read the forum, every time I try to share some excellent wisdom and knowledge I've gleaned from professional detectorist on this forum they shoot me down every time, saying they never read the forums or argue about the good advice detectorist take the time to share with the world. I'm so grateful for the help, yes l know theirs nothing better than on site training , but if a detectorist humbles themselves and reads and applies it , it can advance their hobby tremendously and help keep them safe . I now read the forums more than the national news ! Who wants to be lied to? I'm sick of hearing none of the things you read will apply because each site is different! Whatever! All the forum writers are like a big family ! Right! Guys? I get up sometimes and read at 4 or 5 in the morning , its like a collage course on line but with some humor and occasional tiff , with pictures and everything! Plus all the you tubes .l think the forum is very informative and entertaining and makes this hobby even more interesting and exciting. Waterhound

I agree with you sir. Not all is sage advice but most will be and you've got to take it from there. When I first got my X-TERRA 705 I got excellent advice which I'm glad to say I was able to use. So in the end take what you can and best of luck to ya.

I agree 100%. I've been on this forum for many years and have learned a ton. Thanks everybody. You included Waterhound.

When I was debating with myself on which Pulse Induction machine to buy, I came to the forums. I trolled the Beach forum, and went direct to some members. Before advising me they wanted to know what & where I'd be hunting. There didn't seem to be any brand blindness. This was huge and 3 years later, I would still make the same choice. Now that in itself saved a lot of $.
Dancer.

n/t

"Haters gonna hate" I too did plenty of trolling and research here and still do... i enjoy reading different peoples opinions whether i agree with them or not.. point is 2 heads are better than 1.. wealth of information here,thats for sure.. i enjoy learning about how different machines work and check the classifieds religiously though i rarely ever buy.. the investment you make in your education helps you.. there is no substitute for time spent learning your machine and it's great to have some theory to apply to this art and science. ..

Forums & the info therein are for the most part good.----As the old saying goes "chew up the chicken and spit out the bones".-----Translated: take what you need (works for you) and leave the rest behind.

Back when I started detecting back in the 70's, the only way I could learn about the hobby was books or magazines. I found out about the new detectors when I saw the magazine ads. Man, now with the net, its instant info . These forums are awesome. Yeah, there is always an idiot or two around, but ya learn to pass up those posts.

The forums helped me step up my game pretty quick and im grateful for that info given by the guys who have gone before me. Iet your buddys learn from their mistakes ,let us learn from others mistakes and avoid them. I would call that being wise!

I spend too much time on the Forums. I should be detecting more than two or three days a week but my old body says NO.

When I started I Purchased a Sovereign GT. Thanks to folks on the forum I slowly learned how to use that Machine. One Gentleman in particular was a wealth of knowledge about the machine. Some of what he had to say went in one ear and out the other but the vast majority of his information was valuable to me.

I like to read about what different machines have to offer and as usual there is a log info on the forums.

Anyone who is not willing to take advice Must already know it all. I hope to continue learning and Learning from the folks on the forums.

No doubt! I here ya guys, I think if all a farm boy had was this forum and a bible , he'd turn out just fine!

Thanks editing guy you saved me again! Sorry !

sure we all see it just a bit differently than the next detectorist and so I have found some nuggets on here but its like detecting ya gotta dig through some rubbish and I am sure I have written some so not judging just living in reality.

its all a bit of off the ball fun. learn a bit laugh a bit and :sleepy: a bit

AJ

I would never have advanced as far as I have or as quickly on any of my detectors without the extremely helpful and knowledgeable advice and experiences I have read about on many forums.
I use some advice on settings and techniques as is, adapt some to suit my sites and conditions if needed and have been more shockingly successful than I ever dreamed possible when I started this hobby.
I am so grateful that on anything I have come up with myself or any other bits of regurgitated information I think can help even one other hunter find that next great thing I post and do it gladly.
Many have said I have been very supportive and helpful over the years but I consider it all simply just paying it forward.
Others have helped me, I help others...it takes a village and these forums are great ones.
Plus these are places you can post and brag a little around people that understand what we have to go through to do what we do...nobody in my real life really understands this digging in the dirt stuff so nice to hang out with so many other thousands that do.

-- moved topic --

Hey! I'm 58 years young ! But l do know how good I have it, my wife supports my hobby and she likes the red green show. And if I cook meals and help clean the house she let's me go m dinging any time l want to, add the forum support , its a fun learnable hobby. Hope sometime my hunting friends will check out the forum some day waterhound

Yea. And especially the stuff from Religious Fanatics
Ken..

Trade the Bible for a Metal Detector! You'll be" Rewarded" more often..Ken