Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

I'm sold on the E-trac

JCJEXPLORER

Hunted for a few hours today at a spot hammered by my Explorer XS. The site is very trashy as there is a 1902 house still standing near a much earlier homesite. It came in at 12-13 ID, high trash, manual set at 22, basic coin pattern, very slow sweep with numerous target ID checks before the dig. Machine indicated target was around 3" deep while target was really 1-1.5" deep. Trash all around the target. (Iron and alum) How did I miss this before with the XS?

well what ever it is ,,, it looks like that yellow heavy stuff we all quest after.....

NICE FIND !!!

mikeB

Jim,
I had been digging the aluminum earlier and this time I was sure it was aluminum.(sound and size of target) I was interested in the 12-13 and I had not heard that sound/tone that day. After digging the button, I dug the aluminum and the iron to make sure I did not miss anything. I have only been MDing for three years and all of that was with the XS so I'm still learning. I have Etrac set to Multi tones and thinking about changing. What is yours set at?
Thanks

cant see any benefit from running any other mode... the high conducters give high tones in any mode I would think, except maybe single tone.. my problem is trying to hear the round sound I got from the explorer.. to me almost all targets give the same type of response not matter what the shape.. On the explorer I could tell round from a ratty piece of aluminum most times..enabling me to get good low conducters without digging too much junk.. this only comes into play in modern areas though..the old foundations etc should be just dig it all anyway