Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

I'm starting to get irritated with this nox 600... it is so freaking susceptible to emi interference ....

Mark ( ohio )

I took advantage of the great weather today and hunted a playground area of about 4 acres. Nearby is a large cell phone tower, then high tension wires maybe 2000 feet away. Now I've hunted here for yrs with an explorer and exp II, a fisher f-44 a quish 440 and a bunch of others. Was able to just about run max sens on all units without the constant beeping of the nox. Noise canceled 2-3 times ground balanced the same amount then finally lowered the sens down to 13-14 for it to run quiet . Is this just a shitty characteristic of this detector ? Used park 1 and 2 , it didn't matter.

Mark ( ohio )

Unfortunately, I have run into very similar situations. Did you try running a single frequency? For me, utilizing 15khz worked the best with sensitivity set at 21.

Every once in a while, I get into an area with bad Electromagnetic Interference. If the noise cancel or reduction in sensitivity doesn't remediate the trouble, simply select a single frequency that is not impacted by the EMI. Like JimmyCT, I have good success using 15khz. My D2 went thru the same issues and I solved it the same way.

Good luck

When I have ran into bad EMI,I have had some success switching to Field 2 and have dropped the sensitivity to around 20 or so. I hunted an old house site right across the road from a factory and found my first ever 2 cent piece. It was dated 1866. Good luck!

I have also had good results from doing the same thing as the others mentioned above.
One particular day while encountering EMI while using multi frequency, I performed a couple cancel functions without much improvement, then actually manually switched to another channel and the Equinox quieted right down.
You might want to keep this mind also.
Good luck!!

Unfortunately, I have run into very similar situations. Did you try running a single frequency? For me, utilizing 15khz worked the best with sensitivity set at 21.
And changing your recovery speed can help raise or lower it.
Mark